October 3, 1935 – October 14, 2020
Hubert "Hugh" Autrey McConnell, age 85, went home to be with the Lord on October 14, 2020.
Hugh was preceded by their son, Gregory McConnell, in 1990.
Hugh was married to his wife, Claudette M. McConnell for 61 years. He is also survived by their son, Michael McConnell (Sandy) of Germantown, TN.
He is survived by grandchildren, Christopher McConnell (Candice), Lindsey Bishop (Justin), Tiffany Leuck (Chris), Natalie Wade, Valerie Caldwell (John), 12 great grandchildren and his sister, Kathy Wilson who lives in Arkansas.
Hugh was a devoted husband and father, servant of the Lord, deacon at Bellevue Baptist Church for over 55 years.
He retired from International Harvester, later retired from Sparks Commodities and then became a small business owner.
He truly enjoyed traveling and adored spending time with grandchildren and family.
All services are private and are entrusted to Memphis Funeral Home.
- Gregory McConnell, Son (deceased)
- Claudette M. McConnell, Wife
- Michael McConnell (Sandy), Son
- Christopher McConnell (Candice), Grandchild
- Lindsey Bishop (Justin), Grandchild
- Tiffany Leuck (Chris), Grandchild
- Natalie Wade, Grandchild
- Valerie Caldwell (John), Grandchild
- Twelve (12), Great Grandchildren
- Kathy Wilson, Sister
Learn more about the McConnell name