Rebecca Ann Villarreal
September 22, 1961 – January 25, 2019
Rebecca Villarreal (Mrs. Becky) passed away at the age of 57 on January 25, 2019.
Life is a precious unpredictable gift. Becky chose to spend her time with those she loved most, her husband, sons, and grandkids. Cancer did not change her focus on her family, it just intensified her determination to make every moment memorable. She lived her life by her terms and not by the limitations of her illness. She would often say she had no time for pity parties.
She attended Le Grand High School where she met and married her high school sweetheart Leonel. She continued her education earning a Business Administration degree from Merced College. She worked for the Weaver School District as the principal’s secretary for the past 22 years. She absolutely enjoyed working with the kids at Weaver Middle School and Pioneer Elementary, to help give them a brighter future through education.
Becky was extremely creative and many of her family and friends were so lucky to have received unique and personal handmade gifts. Her hands were rarely still. She loved to sew, knit, crochet, embroider, garden, and make cards. Those who received her generosity will forever be grateful. She loved her family and her work, but her time with her grandchildren completed her life. She is now at peace.
She is survived by her parents, two sisters, three brothers, husband Leonel, her sons Peter (Kristina), Philip and Jesse (Marisol) and her four adoring grandchildren, Aiden, Mia, Neeko and Luna.
A viewing will be held on January 30th at 4 PM and rosary at 7PM at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Le Grand. Funeral service will be on January 31st at 10AM at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church. Followed by Burial at Plainsburg Cemetery and reception at the Le Grand American Legion Hall.
Flowers can be sent to Stratford Evans Funeral Home, 1490 B Street, Merced, CA 95341.
- Jesse Villarreal, Pallbearer
- Philip Villarreal, Pallbearer
- Peter Villarreal, Pallbearer
- Abel Reyna, Pallbearer
- David Reyna, Pallbearer
- Luis Reyna, Pallbearer
- Leonel Villarreal, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rick Baldomero, Honorary Pallbearer
- Guy Hollingsworth, Honorary Pallbearer
- Aiden Villarreal, Honorary Pallbearer
- Neeko Villarreal, Honorary Pallbearer
- Michael Radtke, Honorary Pallbearer
- Vigil Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Visitation Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Rosary Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Rosary Service Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Funeral Mass Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Graveside Service Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Interment Thursday, January 31, 2019
Rebecca Ann Villarreal
January 30, 2019
Remembering the times we did spend together, you have always been a kind and caring person.
Rest in peace for you are truly loved and will be missed dearly.
January 29, 2019
Words can't even describe how much I am heartbroken. You were always a very soft spoken loving person that we were blessed to have you in our lives. Tho we hadn't seen each other very often, you were and always will be in my heart. I will cherish all the memories we do have. Love you Tia and we will miss you dearly.