Marian Scheaffer Lacoste
July 10, 1926 – January 17, 2020
Marian Scheaffer Lacoste passed away peacefully at her residence on Friday evening, January 17, 2020. She was 93 years old. Beloved wife of the late Edward Lacoste. Loving mother of Donn Lacoste (Deborah), Bruce Lacoste (Pamela), Gregg Lacoste (Mary), Lori Lacoste Earl (Skip), and the late Eddie Lacoste and Joyce Lacoste Woodruff. Grandmother of Melissa, Nicole, Donn Jr., Michelle, Bruce Jr., Jennifer, Richard, Julie, Greg Jr., Jace, Michael, Lauren, and the late Bridget. Great-grandmother of Brandon, Bradley, Henry, Addyson, Alexis, Amber, Taytem, Cam, Braxton, and Jonah. Great-great-grandmother of Dakota and Carol. Sister of the late George Scheaffer (Nita), Celeste Partain (Chuck), Joyce Arkle (Bill). Sister-in-law of Winifred Lacoste Tarleton (Chester) and Elizabeth Lacoste Maifeld (Leon). Godmother of Lynette Scheaffer. Daughter of the late George and Gertrude Scheaffer. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Marian was a native of New Orleans and was a resident of Metairie for over 45 years. She graduated from McDonogh High School and worked as a Draftsman for Southern Bell for many years. She loved to travel (especially to the beach and mountains), play cards, and read. The family would like to express their most sincere gratitude to the nurses and staff of Egan Hospice for the care that they provided for their mother. Relatives and friends are invited to attend a Funeral Service at LEITZ-EAGAN, 4747 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, on Thursday afternoon, January 23, 2020 at 1:00. Visitation will begin at 12:00 noon. Interment will follow in Lake Lawn Park, New Orleans. An online guestbook is available at www.leitzeaganfuneralhome.com.
- Edward Lacoste, Spouse (deceased)
- Donn Lacoste (Deborah), Son
- Bruce Lacoste (Pamela), Son
- Gregg Lacoste (Mary), Son
- Lori Lacoste Earl (Skip), Daughter
- Joyce Lacoste Woodruff, Daughter (deceased)
- George Scheaffer (Nita), Brother (deceased)
- Celeste Partain (Chuck), Sister (deceased)
- Joyce Arkle (Bill), Sister (deceased)
- George Scheaffer, Father (deceased)
- Gertrude Scheaffer, Mother (deceased)
- Grandmother of Melissa, Nicole, Donn Jr., Michelle, Bruce Jr., Jennifer, Richard, Julie, Greg Jr., Jace, Michael, Lauren, and the late Bridget. Great-grandmother of Brandon, Bradley, Henry, Addyson, Alexis, Amber, Taytem, Cam, Braxton, and Jonah. Great-great-grandmother of Dakota and Carol. Also survived by many nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 23, 2020
Marian Scheaffer Lacoste
Sue Haduca Dieckhaus
January 22, 2020
Gregg, Mary and family.
Our family sends our love and prayers for all your family. Mothers are special. Her love and memories will continue to be with all of you. Dieckhaus Family
January 21, 2020
On behalf of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart Alumni Association and Brother Martin High School, I offer our prayers and condolences. We will say a Mass in her memory.
Father of all, we pray to you for Marian, and for all those whom we love but see no longer. Grant to them eternal rest. Let light perpetual shine upon them. May her soul and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Kenny Spellman ’84
Brother Martin High School
January 19, 2020
Jennifer your grandmother is at peace now. Praying for your family.
January 19, 2020
Aunt Marian - you were always precious to us. Growing up with the cousins - many vacations, holidays, birthdays, weddings, births. Always overflowing with love, smiling and happy just to be around your family. To us Scheaffers you have been a mother to us since we lost our own Mom. Never forgot your goddaughter Lynn's birthday, or any event in our lives. You will always be remembered and cherished by all the Scheaffers. We love you - Cheryl, George, and Lynette Scheaffer.
January 18, 2020
Aunt Marian you were one in a million and we love you dearly. Always a kind word, always looking out for everyone, always being so loving and caring. We will miss you dearly. All of our love. David, Lois and Erin.