John E. Eckert
April 5, 1939 – January 13, 2020
John E. Eckert age 80. Passed away in the presence of his loving family.
Beloved husband for 58 years to Betty (nee Yatsko), loving father of Liz, Johnnie, Andy, and Suzie, dearest grandfather of 6, great grandfather of 2, loving son of John (deceased) and Virginia, dear brother of Virginia and Fredrick (Donna), uncle and friend of many. Retired member of US Marine Corps and NASA. Longtime member of St. Bartholomew Choir and Holy Name Society.
VISITATION FRIDAY, January 17, 2020, from 4-8 PM AT CRACIUN FUNERAL HOME 14925 E. BAGLEY RD. MIDDLEBURG HTS. 44130. Funeral Mass Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 10 AM at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church. Interment Holy Cross Cemetery.
- John A. Eckert, Father (deceased)
- Virginia R. Dahms Eckert, Mother
- Elizabeth Yatsko Eckert, Wife
- Liz, Johnnie, Andy, and Suzie, Children
- Virginia and Fredrick (Donna), Siblings
- Also six grandchildren and two great grandchildren
- Visitation Friday, January 17, 2020
- Funeral Mass Saturday, January 18, 2020
- Committal Service With Military Honors Saturday, January 18, 2020
John E. Eckert
January 20, 2020
I always enjoyed John in our bass section of choir at St. Bartholomew Church. He was a kind and enjoyable person to be around. When he made the decision to leave the choir, I missed him much. I am glad that I got to know him and am happy that he is no longer suffering. Go with God, John.