January 8, 1940 – February 7, 2020
Anita Brito Holguin was a strong and independent woman, 4th generation Texan, born in Midland in 1940. She was born to and preceded in death by her mother Guadalupe Hernandez and Pasqual Martinez. She took her last breath at the age of 80, in the loving arms of her son Mark and her daughter, on February 7th, 2020 at 2:51pm.
She was preceded in death by her adored baby brother and his wife, Pastor Samuel Rodriguez and Gloria Rodriguez of Primera Iglesia Bautista.
She is survived by her former husband of 30 years, friend and loving father of her children, Manuel Holguin of Midland, TX. Her only son Mark Holguin of Dallas TX. Her daughter Monica Carter and son in-law Greg Carter of Dallas TX. Her daughter Ginelle Quintana and son-in law Abel Quintana of Midland TX. She has two grand daughters Rebecca McKee and Danielle Wightman and one great-grandson Carter Richardson all of Dallas TX. She is also survived by her beloved nephew Abel Rodriguez and her niece Paula Rodriguez both of Midland TX. She has many cousins and family through out Texas and California.
She often sang church hymns and was drawn to all forms of arts and crafts. She was a gifted quilt and crochet artisan who also loved to sew Raggedy Annes and Andies. She was also an amazing cook and relished making special meals and dishes for family and friends. Anita's zest for life was infectious and she brought support, laughter and love to her family and friends.
We love you momma. The next time we embrace will be in Heaven in the presence of God, His angels and the beautiful singing flowers. You are forever and always in our hearts.
Please join us in celebrating Anita's life Thursday evening, February 13th, 2020, between 7:00 p.m. — 8 pm at Ellis Funeral Home, 801 Andrews Hwy, Midland, TX 79701. Public viewing and visitation from 3 pm - 9 pm.
- Guadalupe Hernandez, Mother (deceased)
- Pasqual Martinez, Father (deceased)
- Pastor Samuel Rodriguez and wife Gloria, Brother (deceased)
- Manuel Holguin, Husband
- Mark Holguin, Son
- Monica Carter and son-in- law Greg, Daughter
- Rebecca McKee, Granddaughter
- Danielle Wightman, Granddaughter
- Carter Richardson, Great Grandson
- Ginelle and son-in-law Abel Quintana, Daughter
- Abel Rodriguez, Nephew
- Paula Rodriguez, Niece
- Mrs. Holguin also leaves behind many cousins and family through out Texas and California to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Celebration of Life Thursday, February 13, 2020