Anne Russell Edgar
November 27, 1928 – July 28, 2020
Anne Russell Edgar, age 91, of Mobile, Alabama passed away on Tuesday, July 28, 2020. Anne was born November 27, 1928 in Atlanta, Georgia to Margaret Thomas Russell and Otis William Russell. She lived in Mobile since 1956 and was a member of Cottage Hill Baptist Church, volunteering in the church library. Anne taught elementary school for 43 years, including, Thomasville Elementary, Chickasaw Elementary, and John Will Elementary Schools. She was a graduate of Red Bud High School Calhoun, Georgia, and of Livingston State Teachers College. Anne also attended the University of Georgia and West Georgia College.
Anne is survived by her son & daughter-in-law, Gary Russell Beck (Becky); sister, Dorothy Tucker; grandchildren, Laura Rolison (Chris), Russ Beck (Jill), Brooks Beck (Hon), and Garrison Beck; great-grandchildren, Anna Rolison, Graham Rolison, Owen Rolison, Charley Beck, Archer Beck, Kailee Beck, and Jovi Beck; and numerous nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
Anne was preceded in death by her husband, Joseph William Edgar; father, Otis William Russell; mother, Margaret Thomas Russell; brother, Otis Russell; and great-grandson, Kai Brooks Beck.
A celebration of life for Anne will be held Monday, August 3, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at Radney Funeral Home, 3155 Dauphin Street, Mobile, Alabama 36606. An interment will occur at Pine Crest Cemetery, 1939 Dauphin Isalnd Pkwy, Mobile, Alabama 36605.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.radneyfuneralhome-mobile.com for the Edgar family.
- Gary Russell Beck (Becky), Son & Daughter-in-law
- Dorothy Tucker, Sister
- Laura Rolison (Chris), Russ Beck (Jill), Brooks Beck (Hon), and Garrison Beck, Grandchildren
- Anna Rolison, Graham Rolison, Owen Rolison, Charley Beck, Archer Beck, Kailee Beck, and Jovi Beck, Great-grandchildren
- Joseph William Edgar, Husband (deceased)
- Otis William Russell, Father (deceased)
- Margaret Thomas Russell, Mother (deceased)
- Otis Russell, Brother (deceased)
- Kai Brooks Beck, Great-grandson (deceased)
Learn more about the Edgar name
Celebration of Life
Monday, August 3, 2020