February 26, 1930 – May 7, 2021
Arnold Duvall, 91, passed away peacefully Friday, May 7, 2021, in Mobile, AL. Arnold was known as Dad, Granddaddy, and Great Daddy. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, friend and in-law, who was loved by all. He lived a full life and cherished his family. He and his wife, Page, had an eternal "welcome" mat out for everyone.
Arnold was born and raised in Albertville. He began his career at Caterpillar in Illinois when jobs were hard to come by in Albertville. He then took his family to Iowa, where he became manager of a children's store. Wanting to return to Alabama, Arnold became a Southeastern regional manager for children's furniture. After moving to Mobile, he was a private trucking owner and operator. He was successful in all of his endeavors and never wanted to quit working (Even after 80).
Arnold’s hobbies included golf. He was a long time member of Albertville Country Club. He was known as the only man who could play golf and never burn a hole in his shirt with a cigar in his mouth. He enjoyed woodworking, and providing maintenance at a local apartment complex.
Arnold was preceded in death by his lovely and devoted wife, Page Biggs Duvall; his parents: James Luther Duvall and Ida Bell Sims Duvall; his sisters, Jimmie Smith, Annie Johnson, Evie McKee, Katherine Mann, Dorothy Duvall and his brothers, DC Duvall, Harvey Duvall, and Clarence Duvall.
Arnold is survived by his brother, Larry Duvall (Tommie Jo) and a sister-in-law Gail Duvall; children: Mike Duvall (Brenda), Sharon Hannah (John), Deborah Smith (Glenn), Gail Gregory (David), Roy Duvall (Linda), and Leigh Martin (John); step children: Mary Harrington (Harry), Patricia Robinson (Clebie), and Robin Ball (Paul); Grandsons: Scott Duvall, Joseph Duke (Rebecca), Jeffrey Smith (Amy), Christopher Colegrove (Erica), Brad Harrington, (Stacy) and Patrick Martin; Granddaughters: Gina Duvall Crogan (Bobby), Jamie Smith Miller (Garrett), Jane Lose (Keith), Jill Leiser (Chris), Alice Horton, Stacey Capogrossi (Marc), Stephanie Price (John), Courtney Caylor (Jake), Noel Rippy (Anderson), Winn Duvall (Mathew Moore), Mary Page Martin; and 28 wonderful great-grandchildren.
- Larry Duvall (Tommie Jo), Brother
- Gail Duvall, Sister - In - Law
- Mike Duvall (Brenda), Son
- Sharon Hannah (John), Daughter
- Deborah Smith (Glenn), Daughter
- Gail Gregory (David), Daughter
- Roy Duvall (Linda), Son
- Leigh Martin (John), Daughter
- Mary Harrington (Harry), Step Daughter
- Patricia Robinson (Clebie), Step Daughter
- Robin Ball (Paul), Step Daughter
- Scott Duvall, Grandson
- Joseph Duke (Rebecca), Grandson
- Jeffrey Smith (Amy), Grandson
- Christopher Colegrove (Erica), Grandson
- Brad Harrington (Stacy), Grandson
- Patrick Martin, Grandson
- Gina Duvall Crogan (Bobby), Granddaughter
- Jamie Smith Miller (Garrett), Granddaughter
- Jane Lose (Keith), Granddaughter
- Jill Leiser (Chris), Granddaughter
- Alice Horton, Granddaughter
- Stacey Capogrossi (Marc), Granddaughter
- Stephanie Price (John), Granddaughter
- Courtney Caylor (Jake), Granddaughter
- Noel Rippy (Anderson), Granddaughter
- Winn Duvall (Mathew Moore), Granddaughter
- Mary Page Martin, Granddaughter
- Twenty-Eight Wonderful, Great-Grandchildren
Saturday, May 22, 2021
Saturday, May 22, 2021
May 19, 2021
Every time I saw Mr. Duvall he had a pleasant smile on his face and greeted me warmly. He was soft spoken and always had kind words to share.