Mr. Bobby Gomez Lawley
November 1, 1932 – October 10, 2020
Bobby Gomez Lawley, 88, passed away on Saturday, October 10, 2020 in Mobile, Alabama. Bob was born to Alva Lawley and Cora Hill Lawley on November 1, 1932 in Axis, Alabama. He was a man who dedicated his whole life to his church and family.
Bob was a member of Orchard Baptist Church for over 60 years where he taught Sunday School for many years and stayed involved with his church family and served the Lord wholeheartedly. He served his country honorably in the United States Army, serving in the Korean Conflict. He coached youth baseball for many years. He and his beloved wife of sixty-eight years enjoyed trips to the mountains and Braves baseball games. He retired after 42 years with International Paper Company. He was a devoted, incredible husband, father and grandfather, who loved his family greatly. Bob touched many lives and will continue to do so.
Bob is preceded in death by his loving wife, Ramona Reed Lawley, parents, Alva and Cora Hill Lawley, daughter, Kimberley Charlene Lawley and daughter-in-law, Vicki Lawley.
Mr. Lawley is survived by his two sons, Mike Lawley and Don (Robin) Lawley. He is also survived by his brother, Rev. James U. Lawley, four grandchildren; Noelle Lawley Davis (Jason), Jennifer Lawley Fordemwalt (Daniel), Shayne Lawley Ault (Jeremy) and Brandon Lawley (Meghan), precious great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other cherished family and friends.
Visitation will be held at Orchard Baptist Church in Mobile beginning at 10:00 a.m. Friday, October 16, 2020. Funeral services will beginning at 11:00 a.m. Interment will follow in Pine Crest Cemetery on Dauphin Island Pkwy.
Condolences may be offered to www.pinecrestfuneralhome-mobile.com
- Mike Lawley, Son
- Don and Robin Lawley, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Rev. James U. Lawley, Brother
- Noelle Lawley Davis and Jason, Granddaughter and her husband
- Jennifer Lawley Fordemwalt and Daniel, Granddaughter and her husband
- Shayne Lawley Ault and Jeremy, Granddaughter and her husband
- Brandon Lawley and Meghan, Grandson and his wife
- Ramona Reed Lawley, Wife of 68 years (deceased)
- Kimberley Charlene Lawley, Daughter (deceased)
- Vicki Lawley, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Alva and Cora Hill Lawley, Parents (deceased)
- He is also survived by his precious great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other cherished family and friends.
Learn more about the Lawley name
Friday, October 16, 2020
Friday, October 16, 2020