Carole B. Weekley
January 16, 1940 – January 19, 2020
Carole Barfield Weekley, a long time resident of Mobile, AL died on January 19, 2020 at the age of 80 and is now at home with her Lord, Jesus.
Carole is survived by her devoted husband, Doyle Weekley; her children, Chuck and Chris Weekley (Shawna) and Deborah Weekley Gunn (Brad); her grandchildren, MaiLin, AnnaLi and Adrian Weekley, and Daniel Gunn; step-mother Mildred Barfield, brothers Doug, Bill, and Ed Barfield, and sisters Mary Ann Barfield Hutto, Kay Barfield Bagley, and Cindy Barfield Anderson; and her many nieces, nephews, and cousins. She was preceded in death by her mother, Mary Bell Griffin Barfield, and father, Archie Barfield.
Carole was born on January 16th, 1940 in Castleberry, AL to Archie and Mary Bell Barfield. She graduated from Clarke County High School in 1958 and Southern Miss in 1962. She married the love of her life, Doyle, on May 17, 1963. She had three children and was a devoted wife and mother. At one point, she was a state of Alabama social worker. She was a loving and compassionate person and helped with ministries such as Meals on Wheels, the Red Cross, and Animal Rescue. She also loved hearing the Word of God preached and was a godly example for her whole family because of the heart-change she received from the Lord Jesus at the age of 12 when she was saved and baptised.
A visitation is scheduled for 10am-12pm on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 with a service following at 12pm at Luke 4:18 Fellowship in Mobile. Pastors David Bullock and Fred Wolfe will officate. Flowers and condolences may be sent to 8690 West Anvil Ct, Mobile, AL. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Samaritan's Purse or the Alabama Children's Home.
- Archie Barfield, Father (deceased)
- Mary Bell Griffin Barfield, Mother (deceased)
- Doyle Weekley, Husband
- Chuck Weekley, Son
- Chris Weekley (Shawna), Son
- Deborah Weekley Gunn (Brad), Daughter
- Her grandchildren, MaiLin, AnnaLi and Adrian Weekley, and Daniel Gunn; step-mother Mildred Barfield, brothers Doug, Bill, and Ed Barfield, and sisters Mary Ann Barfield Hutto, Kay Barfield Bagley, and Cindy Barfield Anderson; and her many nieces, nephews, and cousins.
- Visitation Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Funeral Service Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Carole B. Weekley
January 24, 2020
I'm going to miss my Mom. She was a great mother and wife. She loved the Lord and loved her family but she's in a better place. -John 3:16, John 14:1-6