Charles Leo Pitt Jr.
November 3, 1946 – October 9, 2019
On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 Charles L. (Chuck) Pitt, Jr. passed away at the age of 72. Chuck was born on November 3, 1946 in Mobile, Alabama to Charles L. Sr. and Effie (Anderson) Pitt. He was raised in the Oakdale community and attended Saint Matthew’s School and Church. He was a veteran of the Vietnam War serving in the United States Marine Corps with his ever faithful canine, Neco, at his side. Chuck had a lifelong passion for family. He and Trisha loved to cook and have family over for almost any occasion. He also enjoyed spending time on Dauphin Island after retiring from the Port Authority’s McDuffie Coal Terminal. Chuck was preceded in death by his parents, Charlie and Effie Pitt: and his daughter Lori Tourne’. Chuck is survived by his wife, Patricia; his daughter, Lisa (David) Williams; his son, Michael (Carolyn) Pitt; son-in-law, Rick Tourne’; six grandchildren, Kiersten Pitt, Alan Williams, Alex Pitt, Brett Williams, Victoria Tourne’ and Gavin Tourne’; siblings, Kenny Pitt, Becky Clark, Judy White, Brad Pitt and Wendy Pennington; and many other family and friends. Visitation will be from 9:00-11:00 a.m. Monday, October 14 with a service to follow at Pine Crest on Dauphin Island Parkway.
- Charlie and Effie Pitt, Parents (deceased)
- Lori Pitt Tourne, Daughter (deceased)
- Patricia Pitt, Wife
- Lisa and David Williams, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Michael and Carolyn Pitt, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Rick Tourne, Son-in-law
- Chuck is also survived by his six grandchildren, Kiersten Pitt, Alan Williams, Alex Pitt, Brett Williams, Victoria Tourne’ and Gavin Tourne’; siblings, Kenny Pitt, Becky Clark, Judy White, Brad Pitt and Wendy Pennington; and many other family and friends.
- Visitation Monday, October 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, October 14, 2019
- Committal Service Monday, October 14, 2019
Charles Leo Pitt Jr.
October 14, 2019
October 12, 2019
As a boy growing up next door, Chuck was a mountain of a man...and every bit as loud. But Chuck had such a kind, full of life heart. He was a joy to be around. I'm truly saddened by his passing. My thoughts and prayers to his wonderful family.