David Ray Pearson
April 5, 1956 – April 9, 2019
David Ray Pearson, 63, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. Ray was a well read, intelligent, and always up for a good debate. But above all of his accomplishments, he was a devoted husband. Ray loved the ocean, NASCAR, and was able to cross an item off his bucket list when his brother bought him a guitar for his recent birthday. Ray suffered from COPD for many years, and as his niece Joanna said, “Breathe in the fresh air with no more oxygen tube in your nose, and chuckle all day long without one single cough.” Ray was a wonderful man who will be greatly missed. He was preceded in death by his parents, James Terry Pearson and Bettye Sue Pearson; one sister, Denise Pearson; and a brother, Dennis Pearson. Ray is survived by his wife, Brenda Reeves Pearson; siblings, Debbie (Richard) Atwell, Donald Pearson, Dan Pearson, and Dottie Sellars; nieces and nephews, Dana (Ricky) Schaub, Donnie (Jocelyn) Pearson, Kimberley (James) Jackson, Joel Atwell, Danielle Pearson, Joanna Atwell, Breanna Pearson, Johnny (April) Siotis, and Dino Siotis; as well as a host of other cherished family and friends. A memorial visitation will be held for Ray on Monday, April 15, 2019 at Pine Crest Funeral Home on Dauphin Island Parkway beginning at 10 a.m. with a memorial service in the chapel immediately following.
- James Terry Pearson and Bettye Sue Pearson, Parents
- Denise Pearson, Sister
- Dennis Pearson, Brother
- Brenda Reeves Pearson, Wife
- Debbie and Richard Atwell, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Donald Pearson, Brother
- Dan Pearson, Brother
- Dottie Sellars, Sister
- Ray is also survived by nieces and nephews, Dana (Ricky) Schaub, Donnie (Jocelyn) Pearson, Kimberley (James) Jackson, Joel Atwell, Danielle Pearson, Joanna Atwell, Breanna Pearson, Johnny (April) Siotis, and Dino Siotis.
- Visitation Monday, April 15, 2019
- Memorial Service Monday, April 15, 2019