Doris Adams Griffin
November 30, 1923 – November 3, 2019
Doris Adams Griffin, 95, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Sunday, November 3, 2019 in Mobile, Alabama. Doris was born in Opp, Alabama on November 30, 1923, and raised as a true country girl. She loved spending time in her garden – outdoors, in her straw hat. Doris was a member of Sage Baptist Church for many years. She was also a member of the Old South Antique Auto Club.
Doris joined her husband of 52 years, Arthur J. Griffin; one sister; and five brothers.
She is survived by her three sons, Charles C. Griffin, Jeffrey A. Griffin, and John M. Griffin; four grandchildren, Shawn Griffin, Christopher Griffin, Lauren Griffin, and Jeffrey Griffin Jr.; seven great-grandchildren; as well as many nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends.
Visitation will be held from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2019, at Pine Crest Funeral Home on Dauphin Island Parkway, with a chapel service immediately following. Interment will be in Pine Crest Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to local Alzheimer's Association: The Alabama Florida Panhandle Chapter.
- Arthur J. Griffin, Husband (deceased)
- One sister and five brothers, Siblings (deceased)
- Charles C. Griffin, Son
- Jeffrey A. Griffin, Son
- John M. Griffin, Son
- Shawn Griffin, Grandson
- Christopher Griffin, Grandson
- Lauren Griffin, Granddaughter
- Jeffrey Griffin Jr., Grandson
- Mrs. Griffin is also survived by seven great-grandchildren; as well as many nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends.
- Visitation Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Committal Service Saturday, November 9, 2019