Emmett V. Reed
April 17, 1935 – October 6, 2019
Emmett Vann Reed, 84, passed away on Sunday, October 6, 2019 in Mobile, Alabama, surrounded by his loving family. Emmett was born the youngest of seven to Jesse and Eura Reed on April 17, 1935 in Alabama City, Alabama. He served with the United States Army during the Korean Conflict. Emmett has been a resident of Mobile, Alabama for several decades, however, and retired as the Superintendent of the South End of Mobile County. Emmett LOVED Alabama football, fishing, the Boston Red Sox, and watching the Atlanta Braves. Above all else, Emmett loved his family. His whole life revolved around Lois, his children, grandchildren, and eventually great-grandchildren. Emmett was a wonderful family man, a good provider, and always had a mischievous glint in his eye. He is very loved, and will be greatly missed. Emmett was preceded in death by his parents, Jesse and Eura Reed; his grandson, B.J. Reed; three sisters; and two brothers.He is survived by his loving wife of 64 years, Lois Elizabeth Horton Reed; son, Ronnie (Jeanie) Reed; daughter, Lisa (Van) Weaver; granddaughters, Ashley (Ricky) Ziebach and Lauren (Michael) McDowell; three great-grandchildren, Cooper Scott Ziebach, Ava Nicole Ziebach, and Mia Elizabeth McDowell; one sister, Ramona (Bob) Lawley; as well as countless nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Friday, October 11, 2019 at Emmanuel Baptist Church on Ziegler Boulevard in Mobile, with a funeral service immediately following. Interment will be in Pine Crest West Cemetery on Snow Road.
- Jesse and Eura Reed, Parents (deceased)
- B.J. Reed, Grandson (deceased)
- Lois E. Reed, Wife
- Ronnie and Jeanie Reed, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Lisa and Van Weaver, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Mr. Reed is also survived by granddaughters, Ashley (Ricky) Ziebach and Lauren (Michael) McDowell; three great-grandchildren, Cooper Scott Ziebach, Ava Nicole Ziebach, and Mia Elizabeth McDowell; one sister, Ramona (Bob) Lawley; as well as countless nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends.
- Visitation Friday, October 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, October 11, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, October 11, 2019
Emmett V. Reed
October 12, 2019
I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you all.
You all have so many wonderful memories with him.
Take comfort in those.
Love you guys!
October 9, 2019
There are countless memories with my paw paw!! He was my partner in crime.
My best memories with my pawpaw would be when he owned a house on the river in Mississippi! We would ride in his jeep for countless hours, shop in the gas station, and I would be his cricket girl when we went fishing !!!!
Love you pawpaw and life just wont be the same without you!!!