Grace Wilson Brown
June 18, 1923 – November 1, 2019
Grace Wilson Brown (Mrs. Frank H) passed away on Friday, November 1st, surrounded by her children and grandchildren. She was 96. Grace is preceded in death by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. A.R. Wilson of Meridian, MS., husband, Frank H. Brown, and infant son Austin Chandler Brown. She is survived by a son, Frank W. Brown of Atlanta, a daughter, Cheryl B. (Barre C.) Dumas of Mobile, grandchildren Clark (Skyler) Dumas Jr. of Atlanta, Hailey (Andrew) Steiner of Seattle, WA., Anna (Hunter) Wright of Canyon Lake, TX., Grace Brown of Atlanta, Chandler Brown of Atlanta, Hailey Brown of San Antonio, TX., five great grandchildren, as well as nieces, nephews, and cousins. Grace was born in Meridian, Ms. and graduated with honors from Meridian High School. After WWII she and Frank resided in Quitman, MS. for 11 years before moving to Mobile, Al. in 1961. During their years in the Mobile area, Grace and her husband were active in both community and civic organizations. They were members of Spring Hill Presbyterian Church. Grace was a past president and long-time member of the Wimbledon Garden Club. She and Frank particularly enjoyed traveling the world together. Grace was an accomplished business woman and owner of Audrey’s Uniform and Maternity Stores, growing the business to two states and three locations, servicing three generations of expectant mothers and Gulf Coast Medical Professionals. In the early 1990s she retired to Perdido Key, FL and resided on the beach until she was 91, at which time she moved back to Mobile to be closer to family. Her family would like to especially thank the wonderful doctors, nurses, caregivers, and staff of Allen Memorial Nursing Home and Covenant Care Hospice for their extraordinarily loving and tender care. It was a profound blessing. A memorial and internment service will be held at 10:30 AM on Saturday, November 9th in the Chapel of the Pines Mausoleum at Pine Crest Cemetery in Mobile, AL.
- Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Wilson, Parents (deceased)
- Frank H. Brown, Husband (deceased)
- Austin Chandler Brown, Son (deceased)
- Frank W. Brown, Son
- Cheryl and Barre Dumas, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Clark and Skyler Dumas Jr., Grandson and his wife
- Hailey and Andrew Steiner, Granddaughter and her husband
- Anna and Hunter Wright, Granddaughter and her husband
- Grace Brown, Granddaughter
- Chandler Brown, Grandson
- Hailey Brown, Granddaughter
- Mrs. Brown is also survived by five great grandchildren, as well as nieces, nephews, and cousins.
- Graveside Service Saturday, November 9, 2019