Mr. Grady Earl Courtney
December 3, 1932 – August 16, 2019
Grady Earl Courtney, 86, passed away on Friday, August 16, 2019 in Mobile, Alabama. Grady was an experienced Tile Mason. He worked for Robert F. Henry Tile Company out of Montgomery, Alabama for years before venturing out on his own. His work can be seen at Livingstone College, Mississippi State University, and Troy University, as well as the Bankhead and Wallace Tunnels here in Mobile. Grady was a hard worker, and was a member of the Tile Mason Union. He loved travelling, woodworking, catching and eating catfish, he was a diehard Alabama fan – but above all else he loved spending time with his grandchildren.
Grady was preceded in death by his late wife of 47 years, Juanita Goodin Courtney; parents, Roland Courtney and Minnie Rosetta Johnson; brothers, James, Charlie, and Willie Courtney; and sisters, Myrtle Ross, Mamie Gray Guy, Edna Hollingsworth, and Minnie Mae.
He is survived by his current wife, Deanna Kerwer Courtney; daughters, Gail (Butch) McRae and Wanda Biretta; son, James Barfield; eleven grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; as well as a host of nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends.
Visitation will be held from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Pine Crest Funeral Home on Dauphin Island Parkway in Mobile on Friday, August 23, 2019, with a chapel service immediately following. Interment will be in Pine Crest West Cemetery on Snow Road.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the: The MDS Foundation 4573 South Broad St., Suite 150 Yardville, NJ 08620
- Juanita Goodin Courtney, Late Wife (deceased)
- Roland and Minnie Courtney, Parents (deceased)
- James, Charlie, and Willie Courtney, Brothers (deceased)
- Myrtle Ross, Mamie Gray Guy, Edna Hollingsworth, and Minnie Mae, Sisters (deceased)
- Deanna Kerwer Courtney, Wife
- Gail and Butch McRae, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Wanda Biretta, Daughter
- James Barfield, Son
- son, James Barfield; eleven grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; as well as a host of nieces, nephews, and other cherished family and friends.
- Visitation Friday, August 23, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, August 23, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, August 23, 2019
Mr. Grady Earl Courtney
August 23, 2019
WANDA, SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR FATHER TIME AND MEMORIES WILL COMFORT YOUR HEART,KAREN AND I HAVE YOU IN THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
SINCERELY,STEVE AND KAREN FLYNN