Jane Cecilia Castelin
December 16, 1930 – February 8, 2019
Jane Cecilia Poiroux Castelin, age 88, passed away peacefully February 8, 2019. Jane was born on December 16, 1930, and was a life-long resident of Mobile. She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 43 years, Robert G. Castelin, her parents Auguste Constant Poiroux and Jeanne Louise Poiroux, her siblings Clement Poiroux, Rene Poiroux, Maurice Poiroux, Paul Poiroux, Joseph Poiroux, Madeliene McCollough, Henry Poiroux, Louis Poiroux, and Andre Poiroux.
She is survived by her sister, Marie (Ernie) White, her children, Stephen (Deborah) Castelin of Panama City, FL, James (Sharon) Castelin of Shalimar, FL, Nathan (Nancy) Castelin of Rowlett, TX, Roland Castelin of Mobile, AL, and Alan (Debora) Castelin of Mobile, AL, and 11 grandchildren, Daniel, Christina, Cecilia, Derek, Brandon, Austin, Carolyn, Candace, Nicole, Keith, and Sarah, 4 great-grandchildren and one on the way, many nieces, nephews and friends.
Jane was a nurse for 42 years at Providence Hospital and a long-time member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church.
Jane was devoted to her faith and family. Mom enjoyed cooking with her family gathered around her table. Grannymom/Granny will always be cherished by her grandchildren.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 AM, Tuesday, February 12, 2019, at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, with Reverend Marcin Dudziak officiating. Internment will immediately follow on the grounds of Pine Crest Cemetery.
The family will be receiving guests for visitation from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM with a Rosary at 7:00 PM, Monday, February 11, 2019 at Pine Crest Funeral Home, Mobile, AL.
In honor of Mrs. Castelin, memorials may be made to Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) 5817 Old Leeds Rd., Birmingham, AL, 35210, 205-795-5777.
The family would like to extend their deepest gratitude to the staffs of Covenant Care Hospice, Providence Hospital and Gulf Coast Health & Rehab.
- Marie White and wife husband Ernie, Sister
- Stephen Castelin and wife Deborah, Son
- James Castelin and wife Sharon, Son
- Nathan Castelin and wife Nancy, Son
- Roland Castelin, Son
- Alan Castelin and wife Debora, Son
- Daniel, Christina, Cecilia, Derek, Brandon, Austin, Carolyn, Candace, Nicole, Keith, and Sarah, Grandchildren
- 4 Great-Grandchildren and one on the way, Nieces, Nephews and many wonderful friends, Extended Family
- Daniel Castelin, Active Pallbearer
- Keith Castelin, Active Pallbearer
- Derek Castelin, Active Pallbearer
- Brandon Castelin, Active Pallbearer
- Austin Castelin, Active Pallbearer
- Lee Phillips, Jr. , Active Pallbearer
Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN)
5817 Old Leeds Road 205-795-5777 , Birmingham, Alabama 35210
- Visitation Monday, February 11, 2019
- Rosary Service Monday, February 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Jane Cecilia Castelin
February 10, 2019
Mrs. Castelin was one of the sweetest & kindest persons I was blessed to know. The Wiese children & the Castelin children grew up together at Our Lady of Lourdes parish. There are so many memories to cherish but most of all the wonderful fish fries we used to have at Cadillac Square on Dauphin Island. Mrs. Castelin was a good friend to my mother and I will always love her for that. She will be deeply missed by all who knew her. My heart & my prayers go out to her family. May God's peace & strength help them through their grief.
Rose Maureen Kirby
February 9, 2019
Mrs. Castelin was a kind and lovely lady. I cherish the memories the Castelin and Wiese families made growing up together. We still fondly talk about the many fish fries our families had together on Dauphin Island. Mrs. Castelin was a very special person. May God bless the family.