John Larkin Singley Sr.
April 30, 1937 – July 21, 2019
John Larkin Singley Sr., a native of Silas, Alabama and long-time resident of Mobile, passed away peacefully Sunday, July 21, 2019. Mr. Singley was born April 30, 1937 to Era L Singley and Ethel Giles Singley and married 54 years to Mrs. Judy Kay Worrell Singley. He was 82 years old.
Mr. Singley graduated from Southern Choctaw High School and moved to Mobile soon after to start employment with Loop National Bank and joined the National Guard of Alabama, serving 5+ years as a military policeman. He is a graduate of the LSU School of Banking and worked 47 years in retail banking, working for Merchants National Bank, First Alabama Bank and retired as Vice President/Branch Manager with Regions Bank. He served as Manager at several locations in the Mobile area, including Saraland, Bayou la Batre and the Semmes area.
Mr. Singley was a long time and devoted member of Cottage Hill Baptist Church. Members knew him as a devoted Sunday school teacher, Deacon, Choir Member, and the best Mexican Train Chicken Foot Domino player of all times. He was known as the Master Gardener supporting his church and church family with beautiful flower beds located around the church campus. He was a committed follower of Christ and a true servant. Mr. Singley supported several civic organizations including the Mobile Chamber and the Saraland Lions Club (President). Mr. Singley shared a love for fishing, hunting and gardening and enjoyed these hobbies with his children and grandchildren.
Mr. Singley was preceded in death by his mother Ethel Giles Singley and his father Era L Singley, his brother Lyman B Singley and sister Ruby Singley Taylor.
Mr. Singley is survived by his loving wife, Judy W Singley, sister Doris A Gregory, brother in law Harlan Taylor (Annette), children John Larkin Singley Jr. (Rae Lynn), Kimberly Singley Bray (Keith) and Jason Leigh Singley (Ivy), seven grandchildren, Mack, Madison, Ian, Kaylee, Landon, Caryss and Carleigh and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held at the chapel of Cottage Hill Baptist Church from 12-2 p.m., Saturday, July 27th, 4255 Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, AL 36693 with funeral following at 2 p.m. in the church chapel. Graveside service will be held at Pine Crest Cemetery West, Snow Road, directly following the service.
- Judy Worrell Singley, Wife
- Doris A. Gregory, Sister
- Harlan Taylor and wife Annette, Brother-in-law
- John Larkin Singley Jr. and wife Rae Lynn, Son
- Kimberly Singley Bray and husband Keith, Daughter
- Jason Leigh Singley and wife Ivy, Son
- Mack, Madison, Ian, Kaylee, Landon, Caryss and Carleigh, Grandchild
- Mack Singley, Active Pallbearer
- Ian Singley, Active Pallbearer
- Landon Singley, Active Pallbearer
- Trey Singley, Active Pallbearer
- Trent Singley, Active Pallbearer
- Ross Glisson, Active Pallbearer
- Keith Bray, Honorary Pallbearer
- Larry Singley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, July 27, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 27, 2019