Katie Kelly Jones
May 19, 1935 – November 29, 2018
Celebration of Life services for Katie Kelly Jones, 83, will be held at Pine Crest Funeral Home, at 11:00 AM, Monday, December 3, 2018 with Father Steve Williams of St. Lawrence Catholic Church, 370 S. Section Street, Fairhope, AL, 36532 officiating.
Interment will immediately follow on the grounds of Pine Crest Cemetery, Mobile, AL.
The family will be receiving guests for visitation Monday, December 3, 2018 from 9:00 AM until time of service at 11:00 AM.
Katie Kelly Jones was born in Needham, AL on Sunday, May 19, 1935 and passed away peacefully on Thursday, November 29, 2018 in Mobile, AL where she lived most of her life.
She was preceded in death by her parents, John N. and Mary Olevia T. Kelly; her loving husband, Robert E. Jones; brothers, Harvey, James, Willard, Roland, David Kelly and sisters, Myra Allen, Esther Sturdivant, Virginia Todd and Mylissie Joyner.
Left to cherish Katie’s beautiful memories are her four children, Doretha “DJ” Thornton (Gary), R. Ryan Jones, Edward N. “Eddie” Jones (Lanita) and Terry G. Jones (Rebecca), all of Mobile, AL; grandchildren: Kimberly T. Miller (Ryan), Danville, AL, Michael Thornton (Sarah), Hartselle, AL, Colleen J. Scott (Joshua), Alex Jones (Claire), Elaina M. Nelson (Karl) and Angela McAlister, all of Mobile, AL and Katie Jones, of Birmingham, AL; 12 great grandchildren; brother, Clyde T. Kelly and sisters, Martha Malone, Kathy Kelly, with many extended family and a host of wonderful friends.
She will be remembered as a very loving wife, mother, sister, a talented champion bowler and published poet.
- Doretha "DJ" Thornton and husband Gary, Daughter
- R. Ryan Jones, Son
- Edward N. "Eddie" Jones and wife Lanita, Son
- Terry G. Jones and wife Rebecca, Son
- Kimberly T. Miller and husband Ryan, Granddaughter
- Michael Thornton and wife Sarah, Grandson
- Colleen J. Scott and husband Joshua, Granddaughter
- Alex Jones and wife Claire, Grandson
- Katie Jones, Granddaughter
- Elaina M. Nelson and husband Karl, Granddaughter
- Angela McAlister, Granddaughter
- Twelve Great Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren
- Clyde T. Kelly, Brother
- Martha Malone, Sister
- Kathy Kelly, Sister
- Alex Jones, Active Pallbearer
- Joshua Scott, Active Pallbearer
- Bryan Stine, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, December 3, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, December 3, 2018
Katie Kelly Jones
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY