Lawrence Eric DuCote Sr.
July 8, 1940 – September 10, 2018
Lawrence Eric DuCote, Sr. 78, born July 8, 1940 in Cottonport, LA passed away on Monday, September 10, 2018 in Mobile, AL. Mr. DuCote was a retired Chemist. He was proud of his Cajun heritage. He loved to volunteer his time to helping others. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus, 666, He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather, where he was active with band, scouts and dance for many years with his children. A Master Gardner he loved being outdoors and spending time at the beach . Mr. DuCote was preceded in death by his parents, Earl Jules and Irene Mayeaux DuCote and a brother-In-law, Fred Christoffer. Surviving are his loving and devoted wife, Catherine Mitchell DuCote; children, Lawrence Eric “Rick” (Cathy Davis) DuCote, Jr., Fintan Mitchell “Mitch” (Mollie) DuCote and Cathy DuCote (John) Cieutat; grandchildren, Josh, Alyssa, Jack, Wyatt and Delia. Siblings, Michael (Bonnie) DuCote, Connie Christoffer and Randall (Kerstin) DuCote also, survived by numerous other relatives. Memorials in Mr. DuCote’s memory may be made to the Burse Club http://www.mobarch.org/giving or to donor’s own choice. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.radneyfuneralhome-mobile.com A memorial visitation will be held on Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Mobile, AL. Funeral Mass will follow at 11:00 a.m. Inurnment will be held at a later date.
- Earl Jules DuCote, Father
- Irene Mayeaux DuCote, Mother
- Fred Christoffer, Brother-in-law
- Catherine Mitchell DuCote, Wife
- Lawrence Eric "Rick" (Cathy Davis) DuCote Jr., Son
- Fintan Mitchell "Mitch" (Mollie) DuCote, Son
- Cathy DuCote (John) Cieutat, Daughter
- Josh, Alyssa, Jack, Wyatt and Delia, Grandchildren
- Michael (Bonnie) Ducote, Brother
- Connie Christoffer, Sister
- Randall (Kerstin) DuCote, Brother
- also, survived by numerous other relatives.
- Memorial Visitation Saturday, September 15, 2018
- Memorial Mass Saturday, September 15, 2018
Lawrence Eric DuCote Sr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
September 15, 2018
Dear Catherine (Kaki),
So sad to read of the loss of your husband. Please know that I will remember him in my prayers and pray that you will find comfort in family and friends. I know the Steadmans will be there for you in a heartbeat.
Again, many thoughts and prayers for comfort for you and your children.
Theresa Kearney Christie