Linda Sue Mason
October 22, 1945 – September 13, 2020
Linda Hinton Mason, age 74, a lifelong resident of Tanner Williams, Alabama went to be with the Lord September 13, 2020.
She was a lifelong member of Tanner Williams Assembly of God and was best known for her fierce love for her family. Her cooking and baking have been enjoyed by many family, friends, and coworkers over the years.
She was a proud student of the very last graduating class of Semmes High School. From there, she went to a trade school and began a career spanning 50+ years as a Human Resources and Benefits Manager for Radcliff Materials (later known as Dravo Corporation) and most recently 20 years of service at Scotch & Gulf Lumber Company.
She was preceded in death by her parents Winford Elliott Hinton Sr. and Miriam Motley Vaughn; her brother Phillip Sherrill Hinton and her niece Tonya Hinton Lassiter.
She is survived by her loving husband of 44 years, Daniel F. Mason Jr.; her daughter, Katrinna Barrios Broughton, her step-daughter Joni Mason Colmer (Ritchie); her grandchildren who she loved so dearly, Kendall Broughton, Abigail Broughton and Mason Colmer. She is also survived by her brother, Winford E. "Buddy" Hinton Jr. (Dona) and her sister, Angela Hinton Dossett (Steve); loving nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
A graveside service will be held on Sunday, September 20, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. at Joyner Cemetery on Tanner Williams Road. Rev. Donnie Williamson will officiate.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.radneyfuneralhome-mobile.com for the Mason family.
- Daniel F. Mason, Jr., Husband of 44 years
- Katrinna Barrios Broughton, Daughter
- Joni Mason Colmer (Ritchie), Step-daughter and her husband
- Kendall Broughton, Grandchild
- Abigail Broughton, Grandchild
- Mason Colmer, Grandchild
- Winford E. "Buddy" Hinton, Jr. and Dona, Brother and Sister-in-Law
- Angela Hinton Dossett and Steve, Brother and Sister-in-Law
- Winford Elliott Hinton Sr., Father (deceased)
- Miriam Motley Vaughn, Mother (deceased)
- Tonya Hinton Lassiter, Niece
Learn more about the Mason name
Sunday, September 20, 2020