Louis "Ted" Medrick McGill Jr.
November 4, 1936 – September 11, 2018
Louis Medrick "Ted" McGill Jr. died Tuesday, Sept. 11, of mesothelioma. He was 81. He was the eldest child of Louis Medrick McGill Sr. and Edna Biehl McGill, and he lived in the city his entire life. He graduated from Murphy High School, attended Auburn University and was an electrician with the IBEW 505 for over 60 years, working on projects around Mobile including Barry Steam Plant, Kimberly Clark, Holnam and many other Industrial Facilities. Ted loved to hunt, fish and garden, but he was happiest spending time with his family at his camp in Forest Home, Ala., and his bay house on the western shore of Mobile Bay. He was preceded in his death by his oldest son, Louis Medrick "Mickey" McGill III. He is survived by his wife of 60 years and best friend, Sadie Crosby McGill of Mobile; son Scott McGill and daughter-in-law Susan Nelson McGill of Belle Chasse, La.; granddaughter Lily McGill of Baton Rouge, La.; grandson Dr. Noah McGill and Sarah G. McGill, and great-granddaughter Scarlett Vivienne McGill of Birmingham, Ala.; sisters Sharron McGill Potts (Charles) and Linda McGill Howard (William) of Mobile, and a slew of nieces, nephews and cousins. He will be greatly missed by family, friends and especially by his grandson Noah who says his Paw Paw was his very closest friend. Visitation at Pine Crest Funeral Home 5 PM to 9 PM on Sunday 16-Sept and Funeral on Monday 17-Sept at 2PM.
- Sadie Crosby McGill, Wife of 60 Years
- Scott and Susan McGill, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Lily McGill, Granddaughter
- Dr. Noah and Sarah McGill, Grandson and his wife
- Scarlett Vivienne McGill, Great-Granddaughter
- Sharron and Charles Potts, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Linda and William Howard, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Mr. McGill is also survived by a slew of nieces, nephews and cousins.
- Visitation Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, September 17, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, September 17, 2018