February 8, 1928 – August 5, 2019
The family of Billie Bigelow regrets to announce the passing of devoted wife, beloved mother and adoring grandmother and great-grandmother.
Billie was born in Lucedale, MS to Paul Kelly and Mattie Mae Howell Kelly. She moved with to Mobile, AL at a young age where she attended school and eventually met her future husband, Audrey David “Buddy” Bigelow. They were married upon his return from the European Theater in 1946. They settled in Mobile, AL and raised their family. During the intervening years she was employed mostly in photography starting with Tooley Myron Studios and then with Nelson Photography. Her proudest accomplishment was to take a difficult child and get them to pose for photographs that their parents would treasure. She enjoyed camping, caring for her family and attending her sons’ sporting events.
Buddy Bigelow passed from this earth in 2001. She is survived by her two sons, Steven Herbert “Steve” (Betty) Bigelow and David Randal “Randy” (Sherry) Bigelow. She loved and cherished her grandchildren John Phillips, Malissa Hubert, Renee (David) Bigelow Kunian, Leslie Rigby, Michael (Merrileigh) Bigelow, Brandon Burgess and Kelly Bailey. Great-Grandchildren are Isabell Hubert, Sarah Hubert, Genevieve Bailey, Lillian Bailey Charlotte Kunian, Leila Kunian and Fiona Rigby. She loved and grew close to special friend and caregiver May Merren.
- Steven Herbert "Steve" (Betty) Bigelow, Son
- David Randall "Randy" (Sherry) Bigelow, Son
- John Phillips, Grandchild
- Malissa Hubert, Grandchild
- Renee (David) Bigelow Kunian, Grandchild
- Leslie Rigby, Grandchild
- Michael (Merrileigh) Bigelow, Grandchild
- Brandon Burgess, Grandchild
- Kelly Bailey, Grandchild
- Great-Grandchildren are Isabell Hubert, Sarah Hubert, Genevieve Bailey, Lillian Bailey Charlotte Kunian, Leila Kunian and Fiona Rigby. She loved and grew close to special friend and caregiver May Merren.
- Visitation Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, August 10, 2019