Mary "Cathy" Catherine (Ottinger) Rowe
December 11, 1945 – December 17, 2019
Mary “Cathy” Catherine Ottinger Rowe was born December 11, 1945 in Batesville, Arkansas to the late Marshall Neil and Mary Emma Irene Moss Ottinger. She was called to her Heavenly home December 17, 2019 in Mobile, Alabama. Cathy enjoyed caring for her family through baking, and her loving ways. She would read in her spare time and could not get enough of her Alabama football. Mardi Gras was a favorite pastime full of excitement. Cathy’s greatest accomplishments in life was raising her children to be strong, successful and independent members of society. Her beloved grandchildren became the prides and joys of her life. Left a little somber today are all of the lives Cathy has touched over the years.
Cathy’s parents; first husband; Buddy Wayne Rowe, son; Christopher Wayne Rowe, second husband; Richard C. Busby, three sisters: Doretha Campbell, Jo Isley, LaNeil Hicks, and sister at heart; Carol Cochran preceded her in death.
Left to cherish Cathy’s beautiful memories are a daughter Katherine Lori (Rowe) Williams and husband Chett, six grandchildren: Brett Williams, Michala Williams, Carissa Williams, Logan Rowe and wife Kenli, Leah Norris and husband Dusty, Lauren Elmore and husband Neil, two great-grandchildren: Layla Elmore, Clara Elmore, and her sister; Leora Jeffery. She leaves a daughter-in-law; Pam Rowe Manley and husband Charles, a daughter at heart; Candace Mitchell and husband Thomas, extended family members and numerous wonderful friends.
Honoring Cathy as pallbearers will be Chett Williams, Brett Williams, Logan Rowe, Neil Elmore, James Bunch and Bradley Carden. Honorary pallbearers will be Charles Manley and Thomas Mitchell.
The family would like to extend their sincerest gratitude to Judy Lovitt, Faye Herring, Sylvia Wilson and Bonnie Roberts for the continued love and laughter. Thank you to the staff of SAAD’s Hospice for their committed care and kindness devoted to Cathy during her stay.
Celebration of life services for Mary “Cathy” Catherine Ottinger Rowe will be at 11:00 AM, Friday, December 20, 2019 in the chapel of Pine Crest Funeral Home, 1939 Dauphin Island Parkway, Mobile, Alabama 36605. Interment will immediately follow on the grounds of Pine Crest Cemetery, Mobile, Alabama.
The family will be receiving guests for visitation Friday, December 20, 2019 from 10:30 AM until time of service at 11:00 AM.
Cathy had such a love for people that she would never meet a stranger. She carried the knowledge; a friend was simply a stranger she had not met yet.
- Marshall Neil Ottinger (Mary Emma Irene Moss Ottinger), Father (deceased)
- Christopher Wayne Rowe, Son (deceased)
- Buddy Wayne Rowe, First Husband (deceased)
- Richard C. Busby, Second Husband (deceased)
- Doretha Campbell, Sister (deceased)
- Jo Isley, Sister (deceased)
- LaNeil Hicks, Sister (deceased)
- Carol Cochran, Sister at heart (deceased)
- Katherine Lori (Rowe) Williams (Chett), Daughter
- Brett Williams, Grandson
- Michala Williams, Granddaughter
- Carissa Williams, Granddaughter
- Logan Rowe (Kenli), Grandson
- Leah Norris (Dusty), Granddaughter
- Lauren Elmore (Neil), Granddaughter
- Layla Elmore, Great-Granddaughter
- Clara Elmore, Great-Granddaughter
- Leora Jeffery, Sister
- Pam Rowe Manley (Charles), Daughter-in-law
- Candace Mitchell (Thomas), Daughter at heart
- Chett Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Brett Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Logan Rowe, Active Pallbearer
- Neil Elmore, Active Pallbearer
- James Bunch, Active Pallbearer
- Bradley Carden, Active Pallbearer
- Charles Manley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Thomas Mitchell, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, December 20, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, December 20, 2019