Nellie Mae McCaulley Hill
July 10, 1927 – October 4, 2019
Mrs. Nellie Mae McCaulley Hill, 92, was born July 10, 1927 in Mobile, Alabama, to the late William and Viola Williams McCaulley. She was called to her Heavenly home October 4, 2019 in Mobile surrounded by her loving family. Mrs. Hill retired a Civil Service Career following thirty years of dedicated services. They retired to Milton, Florida and upon the passing of Mr. Hill, she moved back to Mobile to be surrounded by her loving family. She was a member of “NARF”, Association for retired federal workers. Mrs. Nellie volunteered at Knollwood hospital/infirmary west for sixteen years. She has also served on the HOA Board of Pepper Ridge neighborhood as President and Treasury. Mrs. Nellie was a member of St. Dominic Catholic Church, where she served as Eucharistic minister to the home bound. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Mrs. Nellie was preceded in death by her parents, her beloved husband, Lonnie H. Hill, one son, James Randall Hill and a grandson, Kevin Michael Hill.
Mrs. Nellie leaves to cherish her beautiful memories three children: Brenda Nichols and husband Wayne, Barbara Parks and husband Barry, Leland “Lee” Hill and wife Felicia, ten grandchildren: Timothy H. Simmons and wife Nicky, James R. Simmons and wife Levitia, Jennifer R. Cook, Joshua V. Nichols, Angel C. Steadman, Ashley R. Harris, John A. Steadman, Jr, Brian L. Hill and wife Jessica, Jacqueline N. Hill, Parker J. Hill, twenty-one great-grandchildren: Brianna, Kaylea, Randall, Morgan, John Anthony, Ali, Tori, Zachary, Jaylin, Maddy, Lanie, Joshua, Jr, Cyndi, Ciara, Devan, Liliyana, Jazzly, Emma, Acadian, Gage, Wyatt, along with many extended family members and a host of wonderful friends.
Honoring Mrs. Nellie as pallbearers will be Timothy Simmons, James Simmons, John A Steadman, Jr, Joshua V. Nichols, John A. Steadman, III and Barry Parks.
A funeral mass will be at 10:00 AM, Thursday, October 10, 2019 at St. Dominic Catholic Church, 4156 Burma Road, Mobile, Alabama, 36693, with Father Bill Skoneki officiating. Interment will immediately follow on the grounds of Pine Crest Cemetery, 1939 Dauphin Island Parkway, Mobile, Alabama, 36605.
Please join us in remembering Nellie McCaulley Hill by visiting our memorial at www.legacy.com/dignity-memorial
- Brenda Nichols and husband Wayne, Daughter
- Barbara Parks and husband Barry, Daughter
- Leland "Lee" Hill and wife Felicia, Son
- Timothy H.Simmons and wife Nicky, Grandchild
- James R. Simmons and wife Levitia, Grandchild
- Jennifer R. Cook, Grandchild
- Joshua V. Nichols, Grandchild
- Angela C. Steadman, Grandchild
- Ashley R. Harris, Grandchild
- John A. Steadman Jr., Grandchild
- Brian L. Hill and wife Jessica, Grandchild
- Jacqueline N. Hill, Grandchild
- Parker J. Hill, Grandchild
- Brianna, Kaylea, Randall, Morgan, John Anthony, Ali, Tori, Zachary, Jaylin, Maddy, Lanie, Joshua, Jr, Cyndi, Ciara, Deva Jazzly, Emma, Acadian, Gage and Wyatt, Twenty-One Great-Grandchildren
- Josh Nichols, Active Pallbearer
- Tim Simmons, Active Pallbearer
- James Simmons, Active Pallbearer
- John Steadman, Jr., Active Pallbearer
- John Steadman, III
- Barry Parks, Active Pallbearer
- Funeral Service Thursday, October 10, 2019
Nellie Mae McCaulley Hill
October 9, 2019
Aunt Nellie was so glad I found you when I did.Im so sorry we didnt get to spend more time together.
I love you and will miss our calls what few it was.
Hope you are enjoying all your love ones and may you