Olen Bosarge McCollum
September 16, 1927 – December 31, 2019
Mrs. Olen Bosarge McCollum, age 92, native and former resident of Irvington, Alabama, passed away at her home in Trussville, Alabama on Tuesday, December 31, 2019. She is preceded in death by her husband of over 30 years, Norman Edward McCollum, Sr., parents, Freddie and Olivia Ryan Bosarge , brother, David Bosarge and sister, Ernestine Lackey.
After the passing of her husband, Mrs. McCollum began travelling to other areas, residing in McDonough, Georgia for over 18 years. She later began travelling with her daughter and eventually moved her residence to Trussville. Prior to her marriage, she worked as an operator with Bell South. She continued to enjoy travelling and was an avid reader. Mrs. McCollum is survived by her children; daughter, Ashley Steele, son, Norman E. McCollum, Jr. and his wife, Irina. She is also survived by six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren and sister, Estherlou Duval.
Visitation will be held on Saturday, January 4, 2020 at Pine Crest Funeral Home, 1939 Dauphin Island Pkwy., from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Graveside services will be held in Pine Crest Cemetery beginning at 1:00 p.m.
Condolences may be offered www.pinecrestfuneralhome.com.
- Norman E. McCollum, Jr. and Irina, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Ashley Steele, Daughter
- Estherlou Duval, Sister
- Norman Edward McCollum, Husband (deceased)
- Freddie and Olivia Bosarge, Parents (deceased)
- David Bosarage, Brother (deceased)
- Ernestine Lackey, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. McCollum is also survived by her six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Saturday, January 4, 2020
- Graveside Service Saturday, January 4, 2020