Suzanne Coats Drew
May 25, 1931 – April 28, 2021
Suzanne Coats Drew, a native of Mobile, died April 28, 2021, a few weeks short of her 90th birthday. She was born May 25, 1931, to Frances Baumhauer Coats and John Green Coats, Jr. Mrs. Drew attended the public schools of Mobile and graduated from Murphy High School in 1948. She attended the University of Alabama and the University of South Alabama. Mrs. Drew appraised, sold, and collected antique furniture and rugs. She was active in and served on the boards of several civic organizations such as the YMCA and Oakleigh. She was also active in two Mardi Gras organizations. She enjoyed being a part of the Lunch Bunch, a group of ladies who met monthly for over 30 years. Mrs. Drew enjoyed sewing, watercolor painting, and flower arranging. She was always a gracious hostess who enjoyed entertaining in her home. She was a lifelong Episcopalian and an active member of All Saints Episcopal Church for over 50 years. She was a dedicated member serving on the Altar Guild and Flower Guild for many, many years.
Mrs. Drew was predeceased by her parents and her husband of almost 55 years, Harold D. Drew, Jr.; her brothers John G. Coats, III (Lynne) and William Harry Coats (Betty); sister-in-law Polly Drew Jansen (Bob); brother-in law Robert A. Drew; a niece and two nephews. She is survived by sister-in-law Jacqueline A. Drew, four nieces and five nephews.
A memorial service will be held at All Saints Episcopal Church on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM. Face masks and social distance required during the service. Memorials may be made to All Saints Episcopal Church, 151 South Ann St., Mobile, Al 36604.
- Jacqueline A. Drew, Sister-in-law
- Harold D. Drew Jr., Husband of 55 years (deceased)
- Frances Baumhauer and John Green Coats, Jr., Parents (deceased)
- John G. Coats, III (Lynne), Brother and Sister-in-Law (deceased)
- William Harry Coats (Betty), Brother and Sister-in-Law (deceased)
- Polly Drew Jansen (Bob), Sister-in-law and husband (deceased)
- Robert A. Drew, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- She is also preceded in death by one niece and two nephews. And is survived by four nieces and five nephews.
Friday, May 7, 2021
Suzanne Coats Drew
May 5, 2021
I'm so saddened by Suzanne's passing. She was so kind, so welcoming and a true living spirit. I will miss her as I'm sure many will. May peace be with her family.