Sydney Carton Smith Jr.
March 19, 1934 – August 7, 2018
Mr. Sydney Carton Smith, Jr., age 84, passed away on Tuesday, August 7, 2018. He is preceded in death by his wife, Jeanne Marie Turpin Neese-Smith and son, Timothy Sean Smith. Mr. Smith was a local building contractor in the Mobile area for many years and had worked in the financial business for several years. He served his country honorably in the United States Army during the post Korean Conflict. Mr. Smith was a graduate of Springhill College. He enjoyed photography and spending time with family and friends. He loved people and never met a stranger. Mr. Smith is survived by his children; Michelle Benauer, Michael B. Smith (Natalie), Kathleen Smith, Stephanie Bray (John), Patrick Smith (Sheryl), Walter Neese, Judy English, John T. Neese (Brenda), Rita Tillman (Terry), George Neese, Katie Neese, Amelie Neese and Fred Neese. He is also survived by 24 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. Visitation will be held at Radney Funeral Home on Friday, August 10, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, August 11, 2018 at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church at 9:00 a.m. Interment will follow in Pine Crest Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
- Michelle Benauer, Daughter
- Michael B. Smith (Natalie), Son
- Kathleen Smith, Daughter
- Stephanie Bray (John), Daughter
- Patrick Smith (Sheryl), Son
- Walter Neese, Son
- Judy English, Daughter
- George Neese, Son
- John T. Neese (Brenda), Son
- Rita Tillman (Terry), Daughter
- Katie Neese, Daughter
- Amelie Neese, Daughter
- Fred Neese, Son
- Mr. Smith is preceded in death by his wife, Jeanne Marie Turpin Neese-Smith and son, Timothy Sean Smith. He is also survived by his twenty-four grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Friday, August 10, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Saturday, August 11, 2018