Venola Theo Jackson
June 21, 1931 – September 14, 2019
Mrs. Venola T. Jackson (Wheeler), age 88, passed away on Saturday, September 14, 2019 in Mobile, Alabama, surrounded by loving family and friends. She was a native of Covington County and a longtime resident of Mobile. Mrs. Jackson was a member of the Government Street Church of Christ. She was a great seamstress.
Mrs. Jackson was preceded in death by her husband, Bryan Jackson; son, Daniel G. Jackson; and grandson, Jonathan Christopher Jackson.
She is survived by her two sons, Sidney Lee Jackson (Maddelin) of Grand Bay, AL And David Jerome Jackson (Beverly) of Shreveport, LA; one daughter Reba Eileen Jackson Hebert (Mike) of Maurice, LA; six grandchildren, Brett Jackson (Crimson), Benjamin Jackson, Mark Jackson (Brianna), Amy Jackson Lacey (Kevin), Cody Jackson (Libby), and Darien Hebert (Lena Landry); four great grandchildren, Daniel (Bentley) Lacey, Wayfield Lacey, David Jackson, and Isaac Jackson; as well as many cousins, nieces, nephews and other cherished family and friends.
Visitation will be held on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Pine Crest Funeral Home on Dauphin Island Parkway in Mobile, Alabama, with a funeral service in the chapel on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 10 a.m. Interment will be in Pine Crest Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be made to the American Heart Association or your charity of choice.
- Bryan Jackson, Husband (deceased)
- Daniel G. Jackson, Son (deceased)
- Jonathan Christopher Jackson, Grandson (deceased)
- Sidney and Maddelin Jackson, Son and Daughter-in-law
- David and Beverly Jackson, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Reba and Mike Hebert, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Mrs. Jackson is also survived by six grandchildren, Brett Jackson (Crimson), Benjamin Jackson, Mark Jackson (Brianna), Amy Jackson Lacey (Kevin), Cody Jackson (Libby), and Darien Hebert (Lena Landry); four great grandchildren, Daniel (Bentley) Lacey, Wayfield Lacey, David Jackson, and Isaac Jackson; as well as many cousins, nieces, nephews and other cherished family and friends.
- Visitation Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Venola Theo Jackson
September 19, 2019
Nonie, took the best care of one of my most precious possessions, my daughter, Mandy. Mandy called her Mama and would have rather stayed with Nonie as well as coming home! The Jackson family considered her one of theirs and treated her as such until we moved back to Oklahoma when Mandy was 3. We loved Nonie and especially loved her cooking!! We always wanted to come back to visit but just never got a chance. We love you always!!
September 16, 2019
Granny had the purest heart of anyone I know. She loved everyone she knew and treated them as her own. She was everyone's "Granny" . She will be missed more than words can say. Heaven gained a beautiful angel when Granny left this Earth . I know she is at peace and is happy with her loved one's in Heaven. I love you Granny !