Walter Lee Skinner
November 14, 1933 – July 6, 2019
Walter Lee Skinner was born on November 14, 1933 to Willie Daniel and Mamie Sarah Skinner. Walter passed on July 6th, 2019.
He is survived by his sister Odessa Skinner of Mobile and Willie Ann (William) Perry of North Carolina. Cousin/daughter, Melanie Land (Harold) Perine of Mobile. Two deceased siblings, Melinea Elaine Kidanemariam and Sandra Parker of Mobile. Two devoted cousin/granddaughters, Tiffany Land (Marlon) Stallworth and Patrice Land (Willie) Williams of Mobile. Five devoted cousins/great-grandchildren: Jayson and Jayden Campbell, Jordan and Jaxen Stallworth, and Nicholas Williams of Mobile. A host of other family members, relatives, and friends.
Walter graduated from Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL receiving his Bachelor of Science and Master of Arts degree, respectfully, in Elementary Education. He later served in United States Army where he was stationed in Taegu, South Korea. He returned in 1958 to continue as an educator for Mobile Public Schools where he served for 26 years in education.
After returning to Mobile, Walter strengthened his faith with Christ. He was a longtime member and organist of St. Catherine Sienna Parish for over 35 years. Additionally, Walter joined the Cecilian Chorale and became the piano accompanist/organist for 20 years. He played for the Visitation Monastery Novenas and funerals, Sacred Heart Residence Carnations and sing-alongs. He shared the love of music with the community.
Funeral services will held on Saturday, July 13th, 2019 at St. Catherine Sienna Parish, 2605 Spring Hill Ave. Mobile, AL. Visitation will begin at 9:00 a.m. followed by Mass at 10 a.m. with Rev. Msgr. James S. Key, J.V. officiating. Burial services will be held at Pine Crest Cemetery, 1939 Dauphin Island Parkway Mobile AL, 36605.
- Odessa Skinner, Sister
- Willie Ann Perry and husband William, Sister
- Melanie Land Perine and husband Harold, Cousin
- Melinea Elaine Kidanemariam, Sister
- Sandra Parker, Sister
- Tiffany Land Stallworth and husband Marion, Cousin
- Patrice Land Williams and husband Willie, Cousin
- Jayson and Jayden Campbell, Cousin
- Jordan and Jaxen Stallworth, Cousin
- Nicholas Williams, Cousin
- Marlon Stallworth, Active Pallbearer
- Harold Perine, Active Pallbearer
- Arenteanis Jenkins, Active Pallbearer
- Roy Lee, Active Pallbearer
- Marcale Lee, Active Pallbearer
- Jayson Campbell, Active Pallbearer
- visitation Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Saturday, July 13, 2019