Lorene C. Jones
March 25, 1928 – February 3, 2019
Lorene C. Jones, 90, passed away peacefully on February 3, 2019. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Cecil Douglas Jones; son, Randall Douglas Jones; parents, John W. and Dolly Cowart Cox; sister, Helen Cox Smith and brother, Fred W. Cox. Mrs. Jones is survived by her daughter, Rhonda Jones Porter, son in law, Gary A. Porter, Sr.; grandsons, Gary Allen Porter, Jr (Serena), John Adam Porter (Madeline); great granddaughters, Anna Grace Porter and Elizabeth Kate Porter. Mrs. Jones is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her life long friend, Virginia Smitherman.
Mrs. Jones loved cooking, ceramics, gardening and her church, Ridgecrest Baptist Church. She retired from AT&T after working there for more than 38 years. She was also a member of the Tele-Com Pioneers.
Services for Mrs. Jones will be Friday, February 8, 2019 at Leak Memory Chapel at 11:00 AM with a visitation one hour prior. Burial will follow at Martin Memorial Cemetery in Clanton, Alabama.
Mrs. Jones family would like to thank Crown Nursing Home and Comfort Care Hospice for the wonderful care given to her in her final days.
- Rhonda Jones, Daughter
- Gary Porter Sr., Son-in-law
- Gary Allen Porter (Serena) Jr., Grandson
- John Adam Porter (Madeline), Grandson
- Anna Grace Porter, Great Grandchild
- Elizabeth Kate Porter, Great Grandchild
- She is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews and her life long friend, Virginia Smitherman.
- Allen Porter, Pallbearer
- Adam Porter, Pallbearer
- Gary Porter, Pallbearer
- Ray Smith, Pallbearer
- Craig Porter, Pallbearer
- Robbie Smith, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, February 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, February 8, 2019
- Burial Friday, February 8, 2019