Robert Lee Smith Sr.
May 24, 1949 – November 23, 2018
Robert Lee Smith Sr., age 69, of Wetumpka, Alabama passed away on Friday November 23, 2018. Robert was born May 24, 1949 in Alabama to Louverna and Alphonse Pettaway.
Robert is survived by his wife, Shiela Berame Smith; sons, Adriel Smith, Bryan A. Smith, Robert L. Smith Jr.; daughter-in-laws, Lashaunda Smith and Katrina Smith; brothers, Alfred L. Pettaway and Julius Pettaway; sister-in-laws, Brencella Pettaway, Amanda Pettaway and Magdalena DeLateur; sister Patricia Pettaway; grandchildren, Cameron Smith, Caleb Smith, Ashley Smith, Ashton Derico, Robert J. Smith and Richard J. Smith.
Robert was preceded in death by; father Alphonse Pettaway and mother Louverna Duncan; sister Tina Pettaway and brother Willie James Pettaway.
Mr. Smith worked as an analyst for the Alabama Department of Conservation until retirement. He taught as an adjunct professor for several local colleges. He prized education and was always reading. Having earned an MBA from ASU, he delighted in teaching and sharing about business.He loved to talk about investing, teaching friends, family members and students.
A memorial service is set for Saturday, Dec. 8, 1:00 pm at Vaughn Forest Baptist Church in Montgomery, AL.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.WhiteChapel-GreenwoodFH.com for the Smith family.
- Shiela Berame Smith, Wife
- Adriel Smith, Son
- Bryan A. Smith, Son
- Lashaunda Smith, Daughter-in-law
- Cameron Smith, Grandchild
- Caleb Smith, Grandchild
- Robert L. Smith Jr., Son
- Katrina Smith, Daughter-in-law
- Ashley Smith, Grandchild
- Ashton Derico, Grandchild
- Robert J. Smith, Grandchild
- Richard J. Smith, Grandchild
- Alfred L. Pettaway Sr., Brother
- Brencella Pettaway, Sister-in-law
- Julius Pettaway, Brother
- Amanda Pettaway, Sister-in-law
- Patricia Pettaway, Sister
- Magdalena DeLateur, Sister-in-law
- Alphonse Pettaway, Father
- Louverna Pettaway, Mother
- Tina Pettaway, Sister
- Willie James Pettaway, Brother
- and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends
- Memorial Service Saturday, December 8, 2018
IN THE CARE OF