Samuel Wayne Slay
October 4, 1941 – November 30, 2018
Samuel Wayne Slay of Montgomery, Alabama passed away on November 30, 2018, at the age of 77. Mr. Slay was preceded in death by his parents, William Ralph Slay and Elaine Murphy Slay, of Montgomery. He is survived by his devoted and loving wife, Blondina Becker-Slay; daughter, Stacey Slay-Tollison (Bobby) of Helena, AL; son, Brent C. Slay (Shae) of Montgomery, AL; son, Douglas A. Slay (Emily) of Birmingham, AL; daughter, Rebecca S. Edmondson (Thomas) of Franklin, TN; grandchildren, John David Tollison, James Douglas Tollison, Anna Claire Slay, Joshua Mason Slay, Emma Slay, Nicholas Slay, Payton Slay, Jake Slay, Mary Margaret Edmondson, and Mallory Collins Edmondson. He is also survived by Roland Brockman of Houston, TX, Rick Brockman (Rita) of Beaumont, TX, and Barbara Brockman Wages (Michael) of Wetumpka, AL; grandchildren, Kristie Hutto (Kelley) and Seth Scheurer of Alamogordo, New Mexico, and Kyle Curenton of Huntsville, AL. Born on October 4, 1941, Mr. Slay attended Lanier High School and graduated from Auburn University in 1966 with a degree in Business. He retired from United Parcel Service after nearly 20 years of service. A Graveside Service will be held for Mr. Slay on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 11:00am in Greenwood Cemetery. The family would like to extend special thanks to the staff of Prattville Baptist Hospital and Merry Wood Lodge in Elmore, AL for the outstanding care provided. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy for the Slay family may be left at www.Leak-MC.com.
- William Ralph Slay, Father
- Elaine Murphy Slay, Mother
- Blondina Becker-Slay, Devoted and Loving Wife
- Stacey Slay-Tollison (Bobby), Daughter
- Brent C. Slay (Shae), Son
- Douglas A. Slay (Emily), Son
- Rebecca S. Edmondson (Thomas), Daughter
- John David Tollison, Grandchild
- James Douglas Tollison, Grandchild
- Anna Claire Slay, Grandchild
- Joshua Mason Slay, Grandchild
- Emma Slay, Grandchild
- Nicholas Slay, Grandchild
- Payton Slay, Grandchild
- Jake Slay, Grandchild
- Mary Margaret Edmondson, Grandchild
- Mallory Collins Edmondson, Grandchild
- Roland Brockman, Step-Son
- Rick Brockman (Rita), Step-Son
- Barbara Brockman Wages (Michael), Step-Daughter
- Kristie Hutto (Kelley), Step-Grandchild
- Kyle Curenton, Step-Grandchild
- Seth Scheurer, Step Great-Grandchild
- Graveside Service Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Samuel Wayne Slay
December 13, 2018
My memories of Wayne when he worked for me was that he was always dependable, dedicated, honest, customer driven and well spoken among his peers.
He was a leader in new innovation and always helped the new management people in the department with understanding new services and the best way to sell our customers with these new services.
He made my job easier because I never had to worry about the dedication or the commitment from Wayne. Even though our paths didn't cross recently, I considered him a dear friend. Sending God's blessing and prayers to his family
He will be truly missed
Rest in Peace my Friend
December 12, 2018
May he Rest in Peace!
December 3, 2018
My heartfelt sympathy to the Slay family for their loss of a kind and loving man. To Stacey, I am heartened when I remember his story of seeing you for the first time and falling in love with his first child- so wanted and welcome-each one of you children. . God Bless you as you move forward in his memory.