McNeil Grimes Jr.
October 22, 1926 – March 12, 2018
McNeil Grimes, Jr., 91, of Nacogdoches passed away Monday, March 12, 2018, at his residence. He was born October 22, 1926, in Nacogdoches to parents McNeil Grimes, Sr. and Lillie Mae (Sisco) Grimes.
A long-time resident of Nacogdoches, McNeil proudly worked for NIBCO for 50 years. He served in World War II in the United States Navy, earning the title of Master Machinist, Third Class when discharged. He taught High School Bible Class and served as Deacon for Stallings Drive Church of Christ. He later served as an Elder of the church from 1970 to 2017.
In addition to his parents, Mr. Grimes was preceded in death by his wife, Barbara Ossie (Bethune) Grimes, who passed away July 21, 1983.
He is survived by his sister, Elizabeth Biggers; sons, Terry Neil Grimes and wife Beverly and David Lee Grimes and wife Thuy; daughters, Kathy Ann Rogerson and husband Gary and Patricia Gayle Fisk and husband Bill; grandson, Jeremy Rogerson; granddaughters, Valerie Dickeson, Melissa Grimes, Barbara Grimes, Randi Gilbert and husband Jared, Allison Grimes, and Katarina Axtell and husband Kelton; grandsons, Kaleb Fontenot, Jonathan Fisk, Zachary Fisk and wife Lacey, and Nicholas Fisk; and 7 great-grandchildren.
A funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at Cason Monk-Metcalf Sunset Chapel officiated by Randy Harshbarger and Jay Taylor. Interment will follow at Fairview Cemetery in Nacogdoches County.
Pallbearers will be Gary Rogerson, Jeremy Rogerson, Bill Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, Tommy Goad, Nicholas Fisk, Stephen Wallace, and Henry Touchette.
Friends and family are invited to a visitation from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at Cason Monk-Metcalf.
The family would like to extend their sincere gratitude to Heart to Heart Hospice and The Visiting Angels for their kindness and the care given to McNeil.
Memorial contributions may be made to The American Cancer Society or to The American Diabetes Association.
Please visit www.CasonMonk-Metcalf.com to leave your online condolences and memories.
Arrangements are under the direction of Cason Monk-Metcalf Funeral Directors, Nacogdoches.
- Elizabeth Biggers, Sister
- Terry Neil Grimes and wife, Beverly, Son
- David Lee Grimes and wife, Thuy, Son
- Kathy Ann Rogerson and husband, Gary, Daughter
- Patricia Gayle Fisk and husband, Bill, Daughter
- Jeremy Rogerson, Grandson
- Valerie Dickeson, Granddaughter
- Melissa Grimes, Granddaughter
- Barbara Grimes, Granddaughter
- Randi Gilbert and husband, Jared, Granddaughter
- Allison Grimes, Granddaughter
- Katarina Axtell and husband, Kelton, Granddaughter
- Kaleb Fontenot, Grandson
- Jonathan Fisk, Grandson
- Zachary Fisk and wife, Lacey, Grandson
- Nicholas Fisk, Grandson
- Barbara Ossie Grimes, Wife
- McNeil Grimes Sr., Father
- Lillie Mae Grimes, Mother
- Mr. Grimes also leaves 7 great grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Gary Rogerson, Active
- Jeremy Rogerson, Active
- Bill Fisk, Active
- Jonathan Fisk, Active
- Tommy Goad, Active
- Nicholas Fisk, Active
- Stephen Wallace, Active
- Henry Touchette, Active
The American Cancer Society
212 Gene Samford Drive 75904, Lufkin, Texas
American Diabetes Association
4100 Alpha Road 75244, Dallas, Texas
- Funeral Service Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- Visitation Tuesday, March 13, 2018
McNeil Grimes Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 14, 2018
So sorry for your loss. We will keep the family in our prayers.
March 13, 2018
I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.
FROM THE FAMILY
IN THE CARE OF