Charles F. Loyd
May 7, 1927 – January 12, 2021
Charles F. Loyd, 93, passed away Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The son of the late Edgar Raymond and Lucy Ann (Daily) Loyd, Charles was born May 7, 1927 in Salem, Indiana. He was a retired mechanic and U.S. Army veteran of WW II. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, R. Inalene “Ina” Loyd; sons-in-law, Ronald Welty and Virgil Beach; and siblings, Katherine Gardner, Mary Lou Karr, Gene Wilcutt, and Robert Wilcutt.
Survivors include his daughters, Donna Welty (Pete) and Cherie Beach (Barry); grandchildren, Kimberly Woods (Mike), Terri Clark (Chuck), Melissa Weis (Bryan), Virgil Beach (Maria), Tammy Pritchett (Tarras), Melissa “Missy” Helton, William M. Welty, and Richard Welty (Sherry); 21 great grandchildren; 8 great great grandchildren; and sister, Anna Lea Simmons.
Due to Covid-19, Visitation and Funeral Service will be private. Burial will be in Kraft-Graceland Memorial Park, New Albany. His Funeral Service will be streamed live at 2 pm Saturday, January 23rd on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kraftfuneral.
Contributions in his memory may be made to Premier Hospice or South Point Church, 7135 County Line Road, New Albany IN 47150.
You may reach out to the family by visiting www.kraftfs.com.
- Donna Welty, Daughter
- Cherie Beach, Daughter
- Kimberly Woods (Mike), Grandchild
- Terri Clark (Chuck), Grandchild
- Melissa Weis (Bryan), Grandchild
- Virgil Beach (Maria), Grandchild
- Tammy Pritchett (Tarras), Grandchild
- Melissa "Missy" Helton, Grandchild
- William M. Welty, Grandchild
- Richard Welty (Sherry), Grandchild
- Anna Lea Simmons, Sister
- Edgar Raymond and Lucvy Ann Daily Loyd, Parents (deceased)
- R. Inalene "Ina" Loyd, Wife (deceased)
- Ronald Welty and Virgil Beach, Sons-in-Law (deceased)
- Katherine Gardner and Mary Lou Karr, Sisters (deceased)
- Gene and Robert Wilcutt, Brothers (deceased)
- 21 Great Grandchildren and 8 Great Great Grandchildren