Fanny Kathleen (Long) Johnson
February 28, 1933 – September 26, 2019
Fanny Kathleen (Long) Johnson, 86, passed away at home on Thursday, September 26, 2019. The daughter of the late Jesse William and Bessie Ann (Feller) Long, Fanny was born February 28, 1933 in Corydon, Indiana. She worked at the New Albany Box and Basket Company in New Albany for a number of years and was a member of Charlestown Road Baptist Church. Fanny enjoyed hunting ginseng and mushrooms, and had a passion for fishing. She was a wonderful cook and baker, and often prepared meals for over 35 of her family members at one time. She was preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Brenda Sue Grut; and siblings, Sam Long, Tom Long, Atwood Long, and Vic Pease.
Fanny is survived by her husband of 37 years, Robert L. Johnson; daughter, Mary Ann Hunt (Jimmy); sons, Kenneth Sprayberry, Jr. and James Sprayberry; step-sons, Daniel (Tess), Tim, Steve (Carol), and Dennis (Tracy) Johnson; step-daughter, Linda (Neil) Travelstead; siblings, Benton Long, Fairy Sillings, and Rose Crawford; 19 grandchildren; 31 great grandchildren; and 15 great great grandchildren.
"I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck."
Visitation will be 1 pm ~ 8 pm Tuesday and after 12 noon Wednesday at Kraft Funeral Service, 708 E. Spring Street, New Albany. Her Funeral Service will be 2 pm Wednesday in the Kraft Spring Street Chapel with burial following in Kraft-Graceland Memorial Park, New Albany.
Online condolences may be made to www.kraftfuneralservice.net.
- Robert L. Johnson, Husband of 37 years
- Mary Ann (Jimmy) Hunt, Daughter
- Kenneth Sprayberry Jr., Son
- James Sprayberry, Son
- Daniel (Tess) Johnson, Step-Son
- Tim Johnson, Step-Son
- Steve (Carol) Johnson, Step-Son
- Dennis (Tracy) Johnson, Step-Son
- Linda (Neil) Travelstead, Step-Daughter
- Benton Long, Brother
- Fairy Sillings, Sister
- Rose Crawford, Sister
- Bessie Ann (Feller) Long, Mother (deceased)
- Jesse William Long, Father (deceased)
- Brenda Sue Grut, Daughter (deceased)
- Sam Long, Brother (deceased)
- Tom Long, Brother (deceased)
- Atwood Long, Brother (deceased)
- Vic Pease, Brother (deceased)
- Visitation Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Visitation Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, October 2, 2019