Anne M. Hopp
May 31, 1937 – June 11, 2018
Anne M. Hopp, 81, of Acushnet, passed away on Monday, June 11, 2018, following a courageous battle with cancer.
Born in New Bedford, daughter of the late John S. and Alice A. (Patykula) Hopp, she lived most of her life in Acushnet.
She had received her Masters of Education degree from Bridgewater State College.
Ms. Hopp was the Principal of Sarah D Ottiwell School in New Bedford for over 30 years until her retirement. She enjoyed traveling abroad, and her weekly crocheting, knitting and sewing groups. She found great pleasure meeting with former students to talk about their journey in life.
Her family includes a nephew, William J. Oliver and his companion, Lori Blais of Dartmouth; her nieces, Lynne Medeiros and her husband Michael of Dartmouth, Karen Jeronymo and her husband Richard of New Bedford and Janice Burke and her husband Paul of Portsmouth, RI; and many great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sister Janina Oliver.
Her Funeral will be held on Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9am from the ROCK Funeral Home, 1285 Ashley Blvd., New Bedford with a Funeral Mass at 10am in St. Francis Xavier Parish, 125 Main St., Acushnet. Burial will follow in Sacred Heart Cemetery. Visiting hours Thursday 5-8pm. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care, 206 Mill Rd., Fairhaven, MA 02719. For online tributes please visit: www.rock-funeralhome.com
- The late John S. Hopp, Father
- The late Alice A. (Patykula) Hopp, Mother
- William J. Oliver & his companion Lori Blais, Nephew
- Lynne Medeiros & her husband Michael, Niece
- Karen Jeronymo & her husband Richard, Niece
- Janice Burke & her husband Paul, Niece
- She is also survived by many great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sister Janina Oliver.
Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care
206 Mill Road, Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719
- Visitation Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Funeral Friday, June 15, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, June 15, 2018
- Interment Friday, June 15, 2018
Anne M. Hopp
June 12, 2018
I visited with Anne last Summer at JoAnn Patykula's Home over Pizza with Uncle Joe and Aunt Stasia's Children. Even though I hadn't seen Anne since my childhood we had an instant connection of love and appreciation for each other. I was truly blesssed to have seen her and getting to know her for even a brief time. May you Rest In Peace my Dear Cousin Anne❤️