Gloria Jeanne Young
March 12, 1947 – June 10, 2018
Gloria (Stavropoulos) Young, passed away Sunday, June 10, 2018 in her home surrounded by her loving family. She was the beloved wife of the late Wayne Young.
Born in New Bedford, a daughter of the late Nicolas and Eleanor (Norcross) Stavropoulos she was a lifelong area resident. Mrs. Young worked at St. Luke’s Hospital in housekeeping. She loved the color red and roses. She enjoyed playing computer games and her tablet. Gloria was very loveable and easy going. In her spare time, she really liked to watch crime shows like Criminal Minds and NCIS.
She is survived by a daughter, Eleanor Bottom of Dartmouth; two sons, Robert Barlow, Jr. and his wife Rylee of FL and Raymond Barlow and his fiancé Skyler of S. Dartmouth; four grandchildren, Coralee DaCosta, Kendra Marie DeMelo, Alondra Barlow, and Alura Barlow; three great grandchildren, Liliahna DaCosta, Nicholas Arsenault, and Ariahna Ramsey.
Her family will receive relatives and friends Saturday, June 23, 2018 2-4 pm in the ROCK FUNERAL HOME, 1285 Ashley Blvd., New Bedford. Burial will be private. For online tribute/directions www.rock-funeralhome.com.
- The late Nicolas Stavropoulos, Father
- The late Eleanor (Norcross) Stavropoulos, Mother
- The late Wayne Young, Husband
- Eleanor Bottom, Daughter
- Robert Barlow, Jr. & his wife Rylee, Son
- Raymond Barlow and his fiancé Skyler, Son
- She is also survived by four grandchildren, Coralee DaCosta, Kendra Marie DeMelo, Alondra Barlow, and Alura Barlow; three great grandchildren, Liliahna DaCosta, Nicholas Arsenault, and Ariahna Ramsey.
- Memorial Visitation Saturday, June 23, 2018