Maria A. Barros
May 10, 1944 – March 25, 2018
Maria A. (Ferreira) Barros, 73, of New Bedford passed away Sunday, March 25, 2018 in her sleep after a long period of declining health. She was the loving wife of George “Roger” Barros. Born in Sao Miguel Acores, May 10, 1944 she is survived by her husband; two sisters, Gabriela Lewis and Maria “Lil” Connor; a brother, Paul Ferreira; a son, Valentino Ferreira of New Bedford; and two grandsons. Maria enjoyed cooking, painting, and pottery.
Her funeral will be Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 10 am in the ROCK FUNERAL HOME, 1285 Ashley Blvd., New Bedford. Burial will follow in Rural Cemetery, 149 Dartmouth St., New Bedford. Visitation will be Tuesday 5-8 pm. For online tribute/directions www.rock-funeralhome.com.
- The late Luiz Ferreira, Father
- The late Olivia (Martins) Ferreira, Mother
- George "Roger" Barros, Husband
- Gabriela Lewis, Sister
- Maria "Lil" Connor, Sister
- Paul Ferreira, Brother
- Valentino Ferreira, Son
- She is also survived by two grandsons.
- Visitation Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Funeral Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Burial Wednesday, March 28, 2018