September 11, 1922 – August 1, 2019
Helen (Domrad) Vieira Johnson, 96, of New Britain, passed away Aug.1, 2019, peacefully in her home, surrounded by her loving family. She is survived by her loving children: Richard Vieira of Plainville, Janet (& Ty) Gagnon of New Britain, Madelene (& Don) Swanner of Scott City, MO, Nancy (& Brian) Youmans of New Britain and Robert (& Nadine) Vieira of New Britain. 19 Grand children. 42 Great Grand children. 13 Great Great Grand children. Her sister in law Ann Domrad and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband and her son, John Vieira. 2 brothers and 2 sisters. She loved her dogs! They will miss her dearly. A time of visitation will be held Monday, Aug. 5, 2019 from 4-7pm at New Britain Memorial & Donald D. Sagarino Funeral Home, 444 Farmington Ave., New Britain. Funeral services will begin Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019 at 10am at the funeral home, followed by her funeral liturgy at 11AM in St. Katharine Drexel Parish, Church of St. Jerome, 1010 Slater Rd, New Britain. Burial will follow in St. Mary Cemetery. Our many Thanks to the Hartford Healthcare Hospice staff for all the caring and compassion and going out of their way to be there for our family. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to: Hartford Healthcare at Home (Hospice Care). (Envelopes will be available at the funeral home) Please visit website for additional information, including directions and messages.
- Joseph Domrad, Father (deceased)
- Stella (Pac) Domrad, Mother (deceased)
- John Vieira, Son (deceased)
- Richard Vieira, Son
- Janet (& Ty) Gagnon, Daughter
- Madelene (& Don) Swanner, Daughter
- Nancy (& Brian) Youmans, Daughter
- Robert (& Nadine) Vieira, Son
19 Grand children. 42 Great Grand children. 13 Great Great Grand children. Her sister in law Ann Domrad and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband and her son, John Vieira. 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
She loved her dogs! They will miss her dearly.
- Brian Youmans, Active Pallbearer
- Robert Vieira, Active Pallbearer
- Richard Vieira, Active Pallbearer
- Quinton Carmicall, Active Pallbearer
- Michael Dano, Active Pallbearer
- David Carmichall, Active Pallbearer
- Connor Youmans, Active Pallbearer
- Brandon Swanner, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, August 5, 2019
- Funeral Liturgy Tuesday, August 6, 2019