February 22, 1929 – February 17, 2020
Maria Lombardo, age 90, of Kensington, CT passed away unexpectedly on February 17, 2020 at her home, with her beloved husband Emanuele Lombardo by her side. She was born in 1929 in Solarino, Italy to Sebastiano Lomonico and Santa Germano. She moved to America in 1976 with her family, eventually settling in Kensington, CT. In Italy Mrs. Lombardo was always active in community and church affairs. In Connecticut she was employed by Veterans Home and Hospital in Rocky Hill before retiring in 1996. She was a parishioner of St. Paul's Church in Berlin CT. Maria was a devoted wife and mother who cherished time with her family. She especially enjoyed cooking, daily excursions, Lady Katharine cruises, and rides to the beach. Her family remembers her best with her vivid and determined personality. In addition to her husband of 55 years Emanuele, she is survived by 3 children. Son Salvatore Lombardo and wife Liz of Meriden CT; Daughter Rita Ricciardi of New Britain, CT and beloved partner Matthew Speidel; Daughter Josie Tiffany and husband Hunton of Avon, CT. Grandmother to Lauren, Erica, and Nathan Tiffany. Christopher and Anthony Lombardo. Gino and Alexander Ricciardi. Also survived by many relatives and friends both in Italy and America. Maria was recently most proud to be Godmother to Luca Lomonico, son of her niece Sandy Lomonico. Visitation hours will be Saturday February 22, 2020 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM at New Britain Memorial-Donald D. Sagarino Funeral Home, 444 Farmington Ave, New Britain with Funeral Services at 11:30AM at St. Paul Church, 461 Alling St, Berlin. Internment services will be held privately.
- Emanuele Lombardo, Husband
- Sebastiano Lomonico (Santa Germano), Father
- Santa Germano, Mother
- Salvatore Lombardo (Liz), Son
- Rita Ricciardi (Matthew Speidel), Daughter
- Josie Tiffany (Hunton), Daughter
- Lauren Tiffany, Grandchild
- Erica Tiffany, Grandchild
- Nathan Tiffany, Grandchild
- Christopher Lombardo, Grandchild
- Anthony Lombardo, Grandchild
- Gino Ricciardi, Grandchild
- Alexander Ricciardi, Grandchild
- Maria is also survived by many relatives and friends both in Italy and America. Maria was recently most proud to be Godmother to Luca Lomonico, son of her niece Sandy Lomonico.
- Visitation Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Funeral Mass Saturday, February 22, 2020
February 23, 2020
Brief though my meetings with your mother Maria were at a few of the dances, it was such a delight to see the pleasure your dad and you, Rita, had in being a close knit family enjoying music and dance.
Sending thoughts of comfort to you and all of the family.