May 1, 1944 – October 31, 2018
Vassili Vorontchak, 74, of New Britain, fell asleep with the Lord surrounded by his loving family on October 31, 2018.
Vassili was loyal, hardworking, and loving man who always put his children, grandkids, family and close friends first. He was very grateful to his late Aunt Julia Perich and her family for supporting him to come to the US and help him to start a better life for him and his family. His home was always open to anyone who needed help, especially those who were newly immigrated from Ukraine. His most important accomplishment was raising his four children, his dedication and love in raising them will make them forever grateful. He never missed a chance to go to this grandkids special events or family gatherings, as he saw family as being most important. Vasili will be missed by so many as he was one of a kind.
Vassili was the son of the late Maria and Mykhailo Vorontchak, the beloved husband of the late Lubov Vorontchak and brother of the late Jaroslaw Vorontchak. He is survived by his four children, daughter Maria Bereza with husband Rev. Stephan Bereza, son Michael Voronchak with wife Luba Voronchak, son Wasyl Voronchak with wife Oksana Voronchak, and son Volodymyr Voronchak with wife Oksana Voronchak, his seven grandchildren Vasyl and Oksana Bereza, Stepan and Oksana Voronchak, William and Julia Voronchak and Alina Voronchak, his sister Sofia Kormylo and her family and many nieces, nephews, extended family and friends from Ukraine, New York and Connecticut.
Calling hours will held on Friday, Nov. 2nd from 5-9pm with the Panachida Service at 7pm at New Britain Memorial Sagarino Funeral Home, 444 Farmington Ave. New Britain. Funeral services will begin on Saturday, Nov. 3rd at 10am from New Britain Memorial-Sagarino Funeral Home, 444 Farmington Ave. New Britain followed by a Funeral Mass to be held at 11am at St. Josaphat's Ukrainian Catholic Church, 303 Eddy Glover Blvd. New Britain. Burial will follow in St. Michael's Ukrainian Cemetery in Glastonbury, CT.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks donations to be made to St. Josaphat's Ukrainian Catholic Church, 303 Eddy Glover Blvd. New Britain, CT.
- Mykhailo Vorontchak, Father
- Maria Vorontchak, Mother
- Lubov Vorontchak, Wife
- Michael and Luba Voronchak, Son
- Wasyl and Oksana Voronchak, Son
- Volodymyr and Oksana Voronchak, Son
- Maria and Rev. Stephan Bereza, Daughter
- Vasyl Bereza, Grandchild
- Oksana Bereza, Grandchild
- Stepan Voronchak, Grandchild
- Oksana Voronchak, Grandchild
- William Voronchak, Grandchild
- Julia Voronchak, Grandchild
- Alina Voronchak, Grandchild
- Jaroslaw Vorontchak, Brother
- Sofia Kormylo, Sister
- Julia Perich, Aunt
- He is also survived by many nieces, nephews, extended family and friends from Ukraine, New York and Connecticut.
- Visitation Friday, November 2, 2018
- Brief Gathering Prior to Church Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Funeral Mass Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Burial Saturday, November 3, 2018
Stephen and Mary Frycz
November 1, 2018
Sincere condolences to the entire family. Many memories from Yonkers, NY. Our prayers and thoughts will be with you during this difficult time. May God grant him eternal rest!
Steve and Mary Frycz, Stamford, CT