August 14, 1938 – June 25, 2019
COTEAU – A Mass of Christian Burial will be conducted for Alexander Gaspard, age 80, at 3:00 PM on Friday, June 28, 2019 at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church with Fr. Brian Harrington officiating. Interment will follow at the church cemetery.
A visitation will take place at Evangeline Funeral Home in New Iberia on Friday from9:00 am until the service time. A rosary being led by the Men’s rosary Group will be prayed on Friday at 11:00 am.
A resident of Denham Springs, Mr. Gaspard passed away on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge.
Alexander, who was also known as “Pip” and “Alexson”, owned and operated Alex Refrigeration in New Iberia for 49 years. He also taught at the Iberia Parish School Board Career Campus for 15 years and was known as “Gos”. Alexander enjoyed wood working, hunting, and spending time with family and friends. He will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved him.
He is survived by his sons, Randolph Gaspard and wife Sandy of Longmont, CO and Kevin Gaspard of New Iberia; daughters, Charlotte Romero and husband Ricky of Coteau, Patricia Gaspard of New Iberia, and Annette Gaspard Louviere and husband Patrick of Coteau; brother, Lovelace Gaspard of Coteau; sisters, Agnes Bourque of New Iberia, Anna Gaspard of New Iberia, and Lilly Lamperez of Broussard; six grandchildren, Trace Dugar, Kelsey Louviere, Trevor Gaspard, Gabrielle Gaspard, Alexis Robinson, and Aidan Louviere; and companion, Mary Lou Allen of Denham Springs.
He is preceded in death by his son, Kenneth Gaspard; parents, Francois and Olivia Gaspard; brother, Minus Gaspard; and sister, Celeste Suire.
Pallbearers will be Kevin Gaspard, Trevor Gaspard, Randolph Gaspard, Cord Landry, Clayton King, Patrick Louviere, and Aidan Louviere.
To view on-line obituary, video tribute and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Randolph Gaspard & wife Sandy, Son
- Kevin Gaspard, Son
- Charlotte Romero & husband Ricky, Daughter
- Patricia Gaspard, Daughter
- Annette Gaspard & husband Patrick, Daughter
- Mary Lou Allen, Companion
- Lovelace Gaspard, Brother
- Agnes Bourque, Sister
- Anna Gaspard, Sister
- Lilly Lamperez, Sister
- Trace Dugar, Grandchild
- Kelsey Louviere, Grandchild
- Trevor Gaspard, Grandchild
- Gabrielle Gaspard, Grandchild
- Alexis Robinson, Grandchild
- Aidan Louviere, Grandchild
- Kenneth Gaspard, Son (deceased)
- Francois Gaspard, Father (deceased)
- Olivia Gaspard, Mother (deceased)
- Minus Gaspard, Brother (deceased)
- Celeste Suire, Sister (deceased)
- Kevin Gaspard
- Randolph Gaspard
- Travor Gaspard
- Cord Landry
- Clayton King
- Patrick Louviere
- Aidan Louviere
- Visitation Friday, June 28, 2019
- Rosary Friday, June 28, 2019
- A Mass of Christian Burial Friday, June 28, 2019