Beatrice Delahoussaye Duhon
March 17, 1935 – September 13, 2019
NEW IBERIA – A Mass of Christian Burial will be conducted for Beatrice Delahoussaye Duhon, age 84, at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. Fr. Korey LaVergne will officiate. Interment will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery.
A gathering of family and friends will take place at Evangeline Funeral Home on Tuesday from 1:00 pm until 8:00 pm with a rosary at 6:00 pm. The funeral home will reopen at 9:00 am on Wednesday until service time.
A native of New Iberia and resident of Oakdale, Mrs. Duhon passed away on Friday, September 13, 2019 at her son’s residence in Oakdale surrounded by her loving family.
Beatrice was a kind and caring woman who adored spending time with her family. She especially loved every moment spent with her grandchildren, who were the light of her life. Beatrice was a loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, and friend and will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved her.
She is survived by her three children, Rodney Norris of Oakdale, Susan Ballard and husband Randy of Oakdale, Randy Duhon of Lafayette; Pat Delahoussaye and wife Tessie of New Iberia, who she loved as a son; brother, Autrey Delahoussaye of New Iberia; grandchildren, Cameron Lopez, Renee Norris, Kevin Norris, and Megan Norris; great grandchildren, Kristen Lamkin, Alexis Lamkin, Logan Lamkin, Maleigha George, and Madison George; and great great grandchild, P.J.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Clomere Delahoussaye and Ouida Bourque Mire; brothers. Bernard Delahoussaye and Roy Delahoussaye; and sisters, Gladys Babin and Jeannese Maturin.
Pallbearers will be Randy Duhon, Charlie Leber, Cameron Lopez, Kevin Norris, Logan Lamkin, Marty Babin, Pat Delahoussaye, and Larry Amos.
Honorary pallbearers will be Rodney Norris, James McIntosh, Justin Dauzat, Craig Delahoussaye, and Brandt Dauzat.
To view the on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Rodney Norris, Son
- Susan Ballard & husband Randy, Daughter
- Randy Duhon, Son
- Autrey Delahoussaye, Brother
- Cameron Lopez, Grandchild
- Renee Norris, Grandchild
- Kevin Norris, Grandchild
- Megan Norris, Grandchild
- Kristen Lamkin, Great Grandchild
- Alexis Lamkin, Great Grandchild
- Logan Lamkin, Great Grandchild
- Maleigha George, Great Grandchild
- Madison George, Great Grandchild
- P.J ., Great Great Grandchild
- Clomere Delahoussaye, Father (deceased)
- Ouida Bourque Delahoussaye Mire, Mother (deceased)
- Bernard Delahoussaye, Brother (deceased)
- Roy Delahoussaye, Brother (deceased)
- Gladys Babin, Sister (deceased)
- Jeannese Maturin, Sister (deceased)
- Randy Duhon
- Charlie Leber
- Cameron Lopez
- Kevin Norris
- Logan Lamkin
- Marty Babin
- Pat Delahoussaye
- Larry Amos
- Rodney Norris, Honorary
- James McIntosh, Honorary
- Justin Dauzat, Honorary
- Craig Delahoussaye, Honorary
- Brandt Dauzat, Honorary
- Visitation Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Rosary Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Visitation Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- A Mass of Christian Burail Wednesday, September 18, 2019