Claudia "Clay" Resweber Rodrigue
January 16, 1930 – March 3, 2020
RYNELLA– A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated for Mrs. Elmo “Moe” Peter Rodrigue, the former Claudia “Clay” Resweber, age 90, at 9:30 am on Thursday, March 5, 2020 at St. Marcellus Church with Fr. James Nguyen officiating. Interment will follow at St. Marcellus Cemetery.
Visitation will take place on Wednesday from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm with the rosary at 6:00 pm.
A native of St. Martinville and resident of New Iberia, Mrs. Rodrigue passed away on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at Consolata Nursing Home.
Mrs. Rodrigue was a very dedicated and active parishioner of St. Marcellus Catholic Church, serving as a Eucharistic minister and an active member of the Ladies Altar Society. She also volunteered her time with the Ladies Altar Society and was the head of the religious education for many years. Her family was most important to her and she enjoyed spending time with them.
She is survived by her five sons, Michael Rodrigue and Joyce; Gene Rodrigue and Janelle; Daniel Rodrigue and Katherine; Jimmy Rodrigue and Mona and Tim Rodrigue and Mavis; fourteen grandchildren, Gina Reaux and Chad; April Landry and Matt; Cherie Templet and Trent; Dawn Gaudet and Brent; Laney Soileau and Justin; Josh Rodrigue and Melissa; Kevin Rodrigue and Erin; Jenee Romero and Brice; Hanna Richardson and Lance; Heather Ross and Jeff; Tyler Rodrigue and Karli; Kyia Guillory and Ben; Ariel Rodrigue and Guy Rodrigue and twenty great grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Elmo “Moe” Peter Rodrigue; parents, Adolph and Henriette Boutte’ Resweber;four brothers, Francis, Hubson, Olan and Harris Resweber and five sisters, Rona Boudreaux, Vernis Resweber, Gertrude Romero, Patricia Ratcliff and Myrtle Beragona.
Pallbearers will be Josh Rodrigue, Kevin Rodrigue, Tyler Rodrigue, Guy Rodrigue, Cody Reaux and Dane Gartland.
Memorial donations may be made in her name to St. Marcellus Catholic Church, 6100 Avery Island Road, New Iberia, LA 70560.
To view the on-line obituary, and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Homes, Inc. of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Michael Rodrigue & Joyce, Son
- Gene Rodrigue and Janelle, Son
- Daniel Rodrigue & Katherine, Son
- Jimmy Rodrigue & Mona, Son
- Tim Rodrigue & Mavis, Son
- "Moe" Peter Rodrigue, Husband (deceased)
- Adolph & Henrietta Boutte' Resweber, Parents (deceased)
- Francis Resweber, Brother (deceased)
- Hubson Resweber, Brother (deceased)
- Olan Resweber, Brother (deceased)
- Harris Resweber, Brother (deceased)
- Rona Boudreaux, Sister (deceased)
- Vernis Resweber, Sister (deceased)
- Gertrude Romero, Sister (deceased)
- Patricia Ratcliff, Sister (deceased)
- Myrtle Beragona, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. Rodrigue is also survived by fourteen grandchildren, Gina Reaux & Chad; April Landry & Matt; Cherie Templet & Trent; Dawn Gaudet & Brent; Laney Soileau & Justin; Josh Rodrigue & Melissa; Kevin Rodrigue & Erin; Jenee Romero & Brice; Hanna Richardson & Lance; Heather Ross & Jeff; Tyler Rodrigue & Karli; Kyia Guillory & Ben; Ariel Rodrigue and Guy Rodrigue and twenty great grandchildren.
- Josh Rodrigue, Active
- Kevin Rodrigue, Active
- Tyler Rodrigue, Active
- Guy Rodrigue, Active
- Cody Reaux, Active
- Dane Gartland, Active
- Visitation Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Rosary Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, March 5, 2020
Claudia "Clay" Resweber Rodrigue
March 12, 2020
So very sorry for the loss of your Mother, Ms. Clay.
Mike, Gene, Danny, Jimmy and Tim, prayers, love and hugs to you and your families. She was such an important part of our church family for so long.
Condolences to all of you.
Love, Sheryl Dartez
March 5, 2020
sorry to hear about your mom Mrs clay my prayers are with you
Susan and Wally Goodland
March 4, 2020
Janelle and Mona,
Sorry to read of the loss of your mother-in-law. Call if you need.
Wally and Susan Goodland
James I. Broussard