Curtis J. "Kurt" Judice
April 7, 1930 – April 2, 2018
New Iberia – A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated for Curtis J. “Kurt” Judice at 11:00 am Thursday, April 5, 2018 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. Fr. Bill John Melancon will be the celebrant. Mr. Judice will be laid to rest at Holy family Cemetery following the mass. A gathering of family and friends will be held at Evangeline Funeral Home on Wednesday from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm, with the Rosary being prayed at 6:30 pm. Visiting hours will continue on Thursday from 9:00 am until 10:30 am.
Curtis Judice, known by family and friends as Kurt, was born April 7, 1930 in New Iberia to the late Paul Judice, Jr. and Ida Gaudet Judice. On Monday, April 7, 2018, just 5 days before he would have celebrated his 88th birthday, Kurt passed away peacefully at his residence, with his family at his side.
Kurt proudly served his country as a member of the Louisiana Army National Guard. He was retired from Bellsouth with over 31 years of service. In his off time, he had a love for the outdoors and enjoyed camping trips with his family at Lake Fausse Point and fishing. Kurt also enjoyed working in his shop doing handywork and tinkering with his many inventions, and gardening and taking care of his yard. He leaves behind a legacy of love that will live on in the hearts of all who knew and loved him.
Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Betty Dooley Judice; his six children, Cynthia Judice Alleman, Mark Judice and wife Karen, Kathryn Judice Monte, Scott James Judice and wife Maria, Patrick James Judice and wife Sandra, and Jeffrey Michael Judice; ten grandchildren, Ashley Hebert and husband Brandon, Alexandra “Meghan” Hebert and husband John, Nicholas Judice and wife Emily, Amber Salsman and husband Brian, Brittney Latiolai and husband Ellis, Cali LeBlanc and husband Zack, James Judice, Jesseca Judice, Josie Shy and husband Kyle, Jovie Jenkins and husband Phillip; 21 great grandchildren; and his brothers, Lee James Judice and Carroll Judice.
Along with his parents, he was preceded in death by his son-in-law, Wayne Alleman; his daughter-in-law, Carrie Judice; a granddaughter, Celia Catherine Alleman; and a great granddaughter, Mollie Cate Salsman.
Serving as pallbearers are Mark, Scott, Patrick, Jeffrey, James and Nicholas Judice. Cynthia Alleman and Kathryn Monte will serve as honorary pallbearers.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Kurt’s name may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memorial and Honor Program, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
To view the online obituary and to share your memories or condolences, please visit Kurt’s memorial page at www.evangelinenewiberia.com
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia (337) 364-1881 is in charge of arrangements.
- Betty Dooley Judice, Wife of 62 years
- Cynthia Judice Alleman, Daughter
- Mark Judice & Karen, Son
- Kathryn Judice Monte, Daughter
- Scott James Judice & Maria, Son
- Patrick James Judice & Sandra, Son
- Jeffrey Michael Judice, Son
- Ashley Hebert & Brandon, Granddaughter
- Alexandra Meghan Hebert & John, Granddaughter
- Nicholas Judice & Emily, Grandson
- Amber Salsman & Brian, Granddaughter
- Brittney Latiolai & Ellis, Granddaughter
- Cali LeBlanc & Zack, Granddaughter
- James Judice, Grandson
- Jesseca Judice, Granddaughter
- Josie Shy & Kyle, Granddaughter
- Jovie Jenkins & Phillip, Granddaughter
- (21) Twenty-one, Great Grandchildren
- Lee James Judice, Brother
- Carroll Judice, Brother
- Ida Gaudet Judice, Mother
- Paul Judice Jr., Father
- Wayne Alleman, Son-in-law
- Carrie Judice, Daughter-in-law
- Celia Catherine Alleman, Granddaughter
- Mollie Cate Salsman, Great Granddaughter
- Mark Judice
- Scott Judice
- Patrick Judice
- Jeffrey Judice
- James Judice
- Nicholas Judice
- Cynthia Alleman, Honorary
- Kathryn Monte, Honorary
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105
- Visitation Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Rosary Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, April 5, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, April 5, 2018
Curtis J. "Kurt" Judice
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY