Felicia Frederick Broussard
November 15, 1922 – August 7, 2019
NEW IBERIA - A Mass of Christian Burial celebrating the life of Felicia Frederick Broussard will be held 10:00 am Monday, August 12, 2019 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. Fr. Korey Lavergne will be the celebrant. Following the Mass, Mrs. Broussard will be laid to rest with her husband of 58 years, Albert Broussard.
A gathering of family and friends will be held at Evangeline Funeral Home on Sunday from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm, with the Catholic Daughters leading the recitation of the Rosary at 6:30 pm. Visiting hours will resume on Monday from 8:00 am until 9:30 am.
Mrs. Broussard was born November 15, 1922 in rural Vermilion Parish to the late Elias and Cloma Delahoussaye Frederick and passed away peacefully Wednesday August 7, 2019 surrounded by her loving family. She was 96.
Mrs. Broussard was a homemaker who lived her life dedicated to her faith and to the love and care of her family. She also gave of her time as a member of the bereavement committee at her church, preparing meals for bereaved families, and as a volunteer at New Iberia Manor South nursing home. Some of her pastimes were gardening and tending to her flowers, sewing and making latch work rugs, and cooking. Many were fortunate to have a meal made by Mrs. Felicia and she enjoyed having everyone over. Her life was centered around her family and her most cherished moments were during those times. She will be missed dearly. Rest well and until we meet again.
Those left to cherish her memory are her daughter and son, Barbara Broussard Cady (Lloyd) and Danny Broussard (Ann); her grandchildren, Greg Glasgow (Kathleen), Lisa Tucker Deshotel (Scott), Cory Broussard (Amanda), Kevin Broussard (Lindsey) and Trey Duplechain; eleven great grandchildren, Britany Lasseigne Tyler, Ryan McGahhey (Shelyece), Bruce, Meridith and Allison Branscum, Adelyn, Caleb, Ethan and Parker Broussard, and Drake and Declan Duplechain; her great great grandchildren, Lexi Sweeney, Rylee Deranger, Reagan McGahhey and another expected in October; and Kizzy Benoit, her caregiver who Mrs. Broussard looked upon as her own daughter.
Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by her daughter, Judy Broussard Tucker; her grandson, David Branscum; and her siblings, Celeste Badeaux, Jean Frederick and Agnes Perero.
Serving as pallbearers will be Cory and Kevin Broussard, Ryan McGahhey, Bruce Branscum, Scott Deshotel and Trey Duplechain.
The family would like to express their sincere and heartfelt gratitude to the staff of Garden View Assisted Living, and to the staff of Heart of Hospice, especially her nurse Melody Coleman. We are forever grateful.
To view the online obituary and to share memories, please visit Mrs. Broussard’s memorial page at www.evangelinefuneralhome.com
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Barbara Broussard Cady, Daughter
- Danny J. Broussard, Son
- Lloyd Cady, Son-in-law
- Ann Broussard, Daughter-in-law
- Greg Glasgow & Kathleen, Grandson
- Lisa Tucker Deshotel & Scott, Granddaughter
- Cory Broussard & Amanda, Grandson
- Kevin Broussard & Lindsey, Grandson
- Trey Duplechain, Grandson
- Britany Lasseigne Tyler, Great Grandchild
- Ryan McGahhey & Shelyece, Grandchild
- Bruce Branscum, Great Grandchild
- Meridith Branscum, Great Grandchild
- Allison Branscum, Great Grandchild
- Adelyn Broussard, Great Grandchild
- Caleb Broussard, Great Grandchild
- Ethan Broussard, Great Grandchild
- Parker Broussard, Great Grandchild
- Drake Duplechain, Great Grandchild
- Declan Duplechain, Great Grandchild
- Lexi Sweeney, Great Great Grandchild
- Rylee Deranger, Great Great Grandchild
- Expected in October, Great Great Grandchild
- Reagan McGahhey, Great Great Grandchild
- Kizzy Benoit, Caregive and adopted daughter
- Albert Broussard, Husband (deceased)
- Judy Broussard Tucker, Daughter (deceased)
- David Branscum, Grandson (deceased)
- Cloma Delahoussaye Frederick, Mother (deceased)
- Elias Frederick, Father (deceased)
- Celeste Badeaux, Jean Frederick & Agnes Perero, Siblings (deceased)
- Cory Broussard
- Kevin Broussard
- Ryan McGahhey
- Bruce Branscum
- Scott Deshotel
- Trey Duplechain
- Visitation Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Rosary Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Visitation Monday, August 12, 2019
- A Mass of Christian Burial Monday, August 12, 2019
Felicia Frederick Broussard
August 9, 2019
Lisa, you and your family are in my thoughts during this difficult time. I'll always remember your grandmother . She was such a feisty and fun lady with such uplifting conversations. My deepest sympathy to all of you
August 8, 2019
To all of Mrs. Felicia's family and friends,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Mawmaw, as everyone called her, was a sweet and spunky lady. I always enjoyed talking to her at gatherings and such. She had a zest for life and took care of loving so many and so genuinely. She will be missed!