Gene Jules Louviere
March 9, 1951 – November 29, 2019
NEW IBERIA – Funeral services celebrating the life of Gene Jules Louviere will be held at 10:00 am Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at Evangeline Funeral Home. Fr. Ed Degeyter will officiate. Following the services, Gene will be laid to rest at Broussard Cemetery.
A gathering of family and friends will be held at Evangeline Funeral Home in New Iberia on Monday from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm with the Rosary being recited at 6:30 pm. Visiting hours will resume on Tuesday from 8:00 am until time of service.
Gene was born March 9, 1951 in New Iberia to the late Edward Peter Louviere and Daisy Delcambre Louviere and was one of eleven children. He passed away peacefully at his residence on Friday, November 29, 2019, after spending Thanksgiving with his family. He was 68.
From his early years, Gene has worked as a carpenter. Throughout those years, he honed his craft and did the finest carpentry work around. He loved his work, but also made time for hobbies and pastimes such as hunting and fishing and cooking. Gene was a great cook and loved sharing a meal with family and friends. Above all, his greatest passion was his family. Gene’s grandchildren and great grandson meant the world to him and he spent time teaching them about times when he grew up. Yes he spoiled them with love, but passed on his knowledge and experiences and for that they were grateful. His kind and generous heart will forever be remembered and he will be missed dearly. Rest well and until we meet again.
Survivors include his daughter and son-in-law, Candi L. Istre and Marlin W. Istre; four grandchildren, Mylie Louviere, Bryston Louviere, Jayden Myers and Kayne Boudreaux; one great grandson, Maverick Briggs; a step-daughter and step-son, Danielle Young and David Touchet; three step-grandchildren, Eryahn Mouton, Ryn Mouton and Paige Touchet; and his sisters and brothers, Miriam Smith, Wayne Louviere, Oleus James “T-Jim” Louviere, Gloria Perez (Carl), Angela Andre’, and Nancy Marsh (Jerry).
Along with his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers, Daniel, Kenward, Timothy and Glen Louviere; brothers-in-law, Patrick Smith and Mark “Red” Andre’; and sister-in-law, Rita Lou Louviere.
Serving as pallbearers are Marlin W. Istre, T-Jim Louviere, Bryston Louviere, Jayden Myers, Kayne Boudreaux, Chance Louviere and Jacy “Tuop” Louviere.
The family would like to express their sincere gratitude to the staff of the Cancer Center of Acadiana and Hospice of Acadiana for their care and compassion shown to Gene.
To view the online obituary and video tribute, and to share memories of Gene please visit his memorial page at www.evangelinefuneralhome.com
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Candi Louviere Istre, Daughter
- Marlin W. Istre, Son-in-law
- Mylie Louviere, Granddaughter
- Bryston Louviere, Grandson
- Jayden Myers, Grandson
- Kayne Boudreaux, Grandchild
- Maverick Briggs, Great Grandson
- Danielle Young, Step-Daughter
- David Touchet, Step-Son
- Eryahn Mouton, Step-Granddaughter
- Ryn Mouton, Step-Granddaughter
- Paige Touchet, Step-Granddaughter
- Miriam Smith, Sister
- Wayne Louviere, Brother
- Oleus James "T-Jim" Louviere, Brother
- Gloria Perez, Sister
- Angela Andre', Sister
- Nancy Marsh, Sister
- Carl Perez, Brother-in-law
- Jerry Marsh, Brother-in-law
- Daisy Delcambre Louviere, Mother (deceased)
- Edward Peter Louviere, Father (deceased)
- Daniel Louviere, Brother (deceased)
- Kenward Louviere, Brother (deceased)
- Timothy Louviere, Brother (deceased)
- Glen Louviere, Brother (deceased)
- Patrick Smith, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Mark "Red" Andre', Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Rita Lou Louviere, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Marlin W. Istre
- T-Jim Louviere
- Bryston Louviere
- Jayden Myers
- Kayne Boudreaux
- Chance Louviere
- Jacy "Tuop" Louviere
- Visitation Monday, December 2, 2019
- Rosary Monday, December 2, 2019
- Visitation Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, December 3, 2019