Gladys Pontiff Maturin
May 18, 1936 – May 13, 2018
NEW IBERIA –Services will be conducted for Mrs. Ellis Joseph Maturin, Sr., the former Gladys Pontiff, age 81.
Visitation will be held from 3:00 pm until 10:00 pm on Tuesday. The funeral home will reopen at 8:00 am on 10:00 am Wednesday.
A native of Cecelia and resident of New Iberia, Mrs. Maturin passed away at 8:47 pm on Sunday, May 13, 2018 at her residence.
Mrs. Gladys loved being outdoors, cutting her grass and planting flowers and playing cards with her family.
She is survived by her children, Goldie Maturin Romero and Jessie; Ellis Maturin, Jr. and Linda; Allen Maturin and Angela; Rickey Maturin and Tiaesa; Elliot Maturin and Diane; Glenda Maturin and Teron Provost and Belinda Maturin and Wesley Lanceslin; 26 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Ellis Joseph Maturin, Sr.; parents, Clarence and Fedoria Duplechain Pontiff; two sisters, Ella Mae Freyou and Mary Bernice Degeyter; one granddaughter, Shafika Maturin and great grandson, Jeremiah Future Maturin.
To view the on-line obituary, and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Homes of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Goldie Maturin Romero & Jessie, Daughter
- Ellis Maturin, Jr. & Linda, Son
- Allen Maturin & Angela, Son
- Rickey Maturin & Tiaesa, Son
- Elliot Maturin & Diane, Son
- Glenda Maturin & Teron Provost, Daughter
- Belinda Maturin & Wesley Lanceslin, Daughter
- Ellis Joseph Maturin, Sr., Husband
- Clarence and Fedoria Duplechain Pontiff, Parents
- Ella Mae Freyou, Sister
- Mary Degeyter, Sister
- Shafika Maturin, Grand daughter
- Jeremiah Future Maturin, Great grandson
- Mrs. Maturin also leaves behind to cherish her memory 26 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- Visitation Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Gladys Pontiff Maturin
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 22, 2018
Mom feels like u still here whit us I can hear u saying my name all the time of the day and night but I no u in a better place at peace whit dad and the rest of our family members I no it will take time for my broken heart to heal. Love u always your daughter Belinda and husband and family 😢😢😤
May 17, 2018
Glenda, So sorry I was unable to attend the funeral services. I am in Houston. Gladys was a strong person who never gave up,especially if the grass needed cutting. Love you Darlene 💕🌹
May 15, 2018
To the maturin family we are sorry for yall lost she well be missed well keep family in prays and again so sorry Rip aunt Gladys