Mazel Menard Meyers
December 12, 1928 – December 3, 2019
COTEAU – A Mass of Christian Burial will be conducted for Mrs. Claude J. Meyers, the former Mazel Menard, age 90, at 10:00 am Thursday, December 5, 2019 at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church with Fr. Brian Harrington officiating. Interment will follow at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Mausoleum.
Visitation will be held from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm on Wednesday with a Rosary at 7:00 pm. The funeral home will reopen at 8:00 am on Thursday until service time.
A native of Broussard and resident of New Iberia, Mrs. Meyers passed away at 7:55 am on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at Belle Teche Nursing Home.
She is survived by her son, Francis Meyers and wife Peggy of New Iberia; daughter, Jenny Menard and husband Wilson “Sonny” Menard of New Iberia; Grandchildren, Amy Meyers Allen and husband Stan; Sheila Meyers Farrow; Monica Meyers; Johnny Meyers, Jr.; Michelle Babineaux; Stacie Simon; Yvette Menard Bryars; Pamela Menard and Jacqueline Menard; great grandchildren, Dr. Alayna Allen Clark and husband Tony; Rachel Allen; Jessica Allen; Stan Allen, III; Ariana Sullivan; Joshua Baldwin; Jory Baldwin and Logan Bryars; one brother, Francis Menard; one sister, Lorraine Menard Girouard and her daughter in law, Gwen Chauvin Meyers.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Claude J. Meyers; parents, Homer and Azilda Girouard Menard; her children, Claude Meyers, Jr, Lisa Meyers, James Meyers, Johnny Meyers and Russell Meyers; her brothers, Lennis, Lloyd, Joe, Harold, Cypriene, Eugene and Whitney Menard and her sisters, Evelyn Theriot, Theresa Meyers and Jerry Lynn Jones.
Pallbearers will be Stan Allen II, Stan Allen, III, Tony Clark, Jory Baldwin, Josh Baldwin, Chris Beisser and Jacob Johnson. Wilson Menard, Terry Beisser, Ronald Romero and Bob Theriot will serve as honorary pallbearers.
To view the on-line obituary, and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com. Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Francis Meyers and Peggy, Son
- Jenny Menard and Wilson "Sonny", Daughter
- Francis Menard, Brother
- Lorraine Menard Girouard, Sister
- Gwen Chauvin Meyers, Daughter-in-law
- Claude J. Meyers, Husband (deceased)
- Claude Meyers, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Lisa Meyers, Daughter (deceased)
- Johnny Meyers, Son (deceased)
- Russell Meyers, Son (deceased)
- James Meyers, Son
- Homer and Azilda Girouard Menard, Parents (deceased)
- Evelyn Theriot, Sister (deceased)
- Theresa Meyers, Sister (deceased)
- Jerry Lynn Jones, Sister (deceased)
- Lennis Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Lloyd Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Joe Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Harold Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Cypriene Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Eugene Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Whitney Menard, Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Meyers is also survived by her grandchildren, Amy Meyers Allen & Stan; Sheila Meyers Farrow; Monica Meyers; Johnny Meyers, Jr.; Yvette Menard Bryars; Pamela Menard and Jacqueline Menard and her great grandchildren, Dr. Alayna Allen Clark & Tony; Rachel Allen, Jessica Allen, Stan Allen, III; Ariana Sullivan, Joshua Baldwin, Jory Baldwin and Logan Bryars.
- Visitation Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Rosary Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Visitation Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, December 5, 2019
Mazel Menard Meyers
December 5, 2019
It is with deepest condolences we send our prayers and love to all the family members of Tante Mazel.
We are saddened that we cannot be there at this time, but know our hearts and prayers are with you.
Collins and Donna