Olive "Me-Maw" Escagne Landry
December 31, 1948 – February 2, 2020
LYDIA – A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated for Mrs. Calvin Landry, the former Olive Escagne, 71, at 1:00 pm on Friday, February 7, 2020 at St. Nicholas Catholic Church with Fr. Bill Melancon officiating. Interment will follow at Broussard Cemetery.
A gathering of family and friends will take place at Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia on Thursday from 1:00 pm until 10:00 pm with a rosary being prayed at 7:00 pm by the Knights of Columbus. The funeral home will reopen on Friday at 9:00 am until service time.
A native and resident of New Iberia, Olive passed away on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at Lafayette General Medical Center surrounded by her loving family.
Olive, better known as “Me-Maw”, was a former employee of McIlhenny, where she worked in the Tabasco Country Store and assisted with tour guides. She worked beside a wonderful crew and was absolutely adored. Olive was a devoted Catholic who loved to pray the rosary daily. She was the best wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, great grandmother, sister, and friend to anyone she ever came into contact with. Olive never met a stranger; she welcomed everyone with open arms. Olive was the heart and soul of her family. Every gathering was put on by her. Even in her most painful days, she carried that beautiful smile no matter how the day was going. Olive will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved her.
She is survived by her loving, caring, and dedicated husband of 52 wonderful years, Joseph Calvin Landry; children, Craig Landry and wife Rachel, Brandy Boutte, and Chadwick Landry; grandchildren, Hailey Louviere and husband T.J., Cody Landry and wife Sam, Blake Boutte, Morgan Boutte; great grandchildren, Zoey Landry, Ava Louviere, and Colton Landry who Olive truly adored; sisters, Rose Sandoz and husband Bernard and Helen Louviere; brother-in-law, Sidney Landry, Jr. and wife Mary; godchildren, Tina Escagne, Dennis Escagne, and Teresa Landry; numerous nieces and nephews; and her favorite fur baby, Missy.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Rudolph and Avia D. Escagne; maternal grandparents, Theophile Desormeaux and Edmonia LeBlanc; paternal grandparents, Alfred Escagne and Adrienne Aucoin; brothers, Paul Escagne and wife Emma and Wilbert Escagne, Sr. and wife Billy Joyce; sister, Velma Meyers and husband Ronnie; brothers-in-law, Charles Landry and Tony Louviere; father-in-law, Sidney Landry, Sr.; mother-in-law, Odlie Durocher Landry; special fur baby, Bella; and several close cousins, nieces, and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Craig Landry, Chad Landry, Cody Landry, Blake Boutte, T.J. Louviere, and Jay Sackuvich. Honorary pallbearers will be Sidney Landry, Brandon Segura, and Chris Sandoz.
The family and friends would like to give special thanks to the doctors and staff of Lafayette General Medical Center’s 5th floor CV ICU staff.
To view the on-line obituary, video tribute, and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Joseph Calvin Landry, Husband
- Craig Landry (Rachel Landry), Son
- Brandy Landry Boutte, Daughter
- Chadwick Landry, Son
- Hailey Louviere (T.J. Louviere), Grandchild
- Cody Landry (Sam Landry), Grandchild
- Blake Boutte, Grandchild
- Morgan Boutte, Grandchild
- Zoey Landry, Great Grandchild
- Ava Louviere, Great Grandchild
- Colton Landry, Great Grandchild
- Rose E. Sandoz (Bernard Sandoz), Sister
- Helen Louviere, Sister
- Sidney Landry, Jr. (Mary Landry), Brother-in-law
- Tina Escagne, Godchild
- Dennis Escagne, Godchild
- Teresa Landry, Godchild
- Rudolph and Avia D. Escagne, Parents (deceased)
- Theophile and Edmonia L. Desormeaux, Maternal Grandparents (deceased)
- Alfred and Adrienne A. Escagne, Paternal Grandparents (deceased)
- Paul Escagne (Emma Escagne), Brother (deceased)
- Wilbert Escagne (Billy Joyce Escagne), Brother (deceased)
- Velma E. Meyers (Ronnie Meyers), Sister (deceased)
- Charles Landry, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Tony Louviere, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Sidney Landry, Father-in-law (deceased)
- Odlie Landry, Mother-in-law (deceased)
- Mrs. Landry also leaves behind to cherish her memory numerous nieces and nephews; and her favorite fur baby, Missy.
- Craig Landry
- Chad Landry
- Cody Landry
- Blake Boutte
- T.J. Louviere
- Jay Sackuvich
- Sidney Landry, Honorary Pallbearer
- Brandon Segura, Honorary Pallbearer
- Chris Sandoz, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Rosary Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Visitation Friday, February 7, 2020
- A Mass of Christian Burial Friday, February 7, 2020
Olive "Me-Maw" Escagne Landry
February 6, 2020
Aunt Olive, I remember going with Becky and Jody to your house. I would go with Nanny Helen to your place. You will be missed and loved Aunt Olive. You were like an Aunt to me even though you wasn’t. Love you Aunt Olive.
February 3, 2020
Prayers for the family,you all are in our thoughts and prayers💔💔